I have a list of topics next to me.
However, I'm not at all sure if you will be interested.
Let's see - I guess.
Let's start with the weekend -
Friday I was able to get some thrift store shopping done (for clothes) before heading out for Margarita Friday with LOML and then watching the final episode of Battlestar Gallactica. It's sad that it's come to an end, but there were some previews for a few new shows. One of which is a direct spin-off from BSG. Another might also be related.
Saturday was a meeting day at my mom's house. The girls (nieces) were disappointed that the plan to keep them engaged did not included Libby and her mom. Pawpaw (my step-dad) took them to the beach instead - the disappointment didn't last long at all.
Sunday, I actually got up and out the door by 10am to head over to the Arts & Crafts Festival that's held annually here in Fairhope. It's one of the many reasons I love living here, and I look forward to it every year. I didn't spend long there (a little over 2 hours), but greatly enjoyed looking at the other artists' work and talking to a few of them. My two favorite vendors were side by side and were both from Alabama (yay). The Festival is such an inspiration but also very intimidating. I did make one purchase (I do every year) of a clear beveled glass star for my kitchen window. I've already hung it and may post a picture later.
After I got back; LOML and I ran some errands, I did some cleaning and cooked dinner; then we went to bed.
It wasn't a terribly bad weekend. I woke up easily and thus in a pretty good mood this morning.
Now that spring has come, I really want to focus my energy over the next several weeks on getting my house and self organized and cleaned up.
I was able to start somewhat yesterday with a little kitchen cleaning and doing some laundry. This morning, I weeded through my e-mail inbox (much needed.) However, I really want to get into the Spring Cleaning fever and get the house (and everything else) totally in order.
If I try to tackle one area/chore each evening, it should only take me until. . .next spring. The whole house is a disaster. Of course, my definition of spring cleaning includes sorting through the piles, in the corners, behind cabinets and then scrubbing it all down thoroughly. In addition to the general cleaning, I want to get my meal planning and exercise routines back on track. The intensive cleaning may take care of the exercise portion, for now. Anyway, it's wishful thinking now that the beautiful weather is here.
Let's get on to some "Made Me Smile Monday"
- This "barking cat" makes the same noise that my cat makes when she sees birds outside. I think that's exactly what this one in the video is doing too.
- Check out this Disney/ Star Wars mashup. The Mickey-Yoda one is my favorite (those are my two favorite characters.)
- talented dog/seal
- More Jack Handy quotes:
- "One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh no,' I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."
- "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."
- "Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk."
Wish me luck on getting something accomplished at home.