Eh, I'm just tired. I helped with the nieces last night so my mom could meet with one of the committees. They were actually pretty okay. Homework was a breeze, dinner was a little bit of bargaining, then we CRAFTED!! I took over some of those velvet art things (you know, where you just color in with markers) and my step-dad just happened to have two packages of foam art Easter window decoration things. What a relief!! These two projects kept them quiet, calm, and out of the living room while the ladies met. After the girls were in bed, my mom and I talked for HOURS before I headed home. It was nice, but a really long evening.
Now, I'm just pooped. The running list in my head is shouting at me - "ORGANIZE the dining room, CLEAN the bathrooms, PICK UP the bedroom, OMG HAVE YOU FREAKING SEEN THE CRAFT ROOM."
So, to avoid all of that I'm writing a blog post. Yes, it's more relaxing than all those other tasks. Anyway, let's get to "Thrifty Thursday" while I decide what I feel like doing:
- bisquick substitute (Make your own)
- 11 ways to cut down on grocery bills (plus some links to coupon sites)
- If you haven't seen it yet, check out the 93 year old lady who is sharing depression cooking videos on you tube.
- this is neat: try recipe matcher - a cool tool for leftovers, random pantry items, what you're craving, etc.
- Mixes in a jar is a website for thrifty gifts and other fun stuff that can be done in a jar. Check it out.
I guess I've avoided those other responsibilities long enough now, it's time to DO SOMETHING productive. Wish me luck!!