How was your Christmas? I stepped away a bit last week to take my time, enjoy the holiday, and feel a bit like I was having a vacation. It was weird to not be stressing about blogging or getting videos up, but it was what I needed. I may do that a little more in the coming year. For now, let's take a peek at how I spent my mini-break.
Pat continued to work on tearing down the old pole barn. As I left on an errand, I noticed that it almost looked like a manger and would have worked great for a live nativity.
On Monday, I skipped thinking about the blog and whatnot and focused on my household chores and whatever it was I felt like doing. And, that's how the day got away from me.
And, I made sure to check the night sky for the "Christmas Star"
Tuesday was more art journaling.
Almost all week, I was checking on my sister-in-law's cats in the mornings while she was out of town. And, I snapped this picture of Captain just before I left there on Wednesday.
Though I'm still a big kid, I wasn't up as early as I usually am on Christmas Morning - I stayed up too late reading. But, got breakfast started before Pat and I opened presents. He seriously surprised me!
The other surprise for the day was coming home with this baby.
On Saturday, we picked up supplies for the new addition and for Zoe (our dog) along with lunch. Then, we spent the day at home with our gifts.
It was a really low-key week, and just what I needed.
- There is a very good possibility that I shared this link last year. It seems very familiar but so cute that it's worth sharing again. It's a Bottlebrush Christmas Tree Hack from The House that Lars Built.
- Over at The Beading Gem, you can learn how to make Macrame and Wood Earrings with a simple knot.
- And, here's another Earring Tutorial from Moois Van Mie.
- My Modern Met shares some ideas on how to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing.
- Check out the clever ideas for making Boho Christmas Ornaments.
- Or, here's a roundup of some DIY Felt Ornament Designs.
- I love lists about creativity. Dear Handmade Life has one on How to Recharge Your Creativity and Motivation and Combat Feeling Overwhelmed.
- The big time for gift-giving may be over, but Roben-Marie has a suggestion for Creative Gift Wrapping.
- I've been real smitten with embroidered art this year, and My Modern Met has a roundup of some of the Most Imaginative Embroidery Art of the Year. They also had a list of the Top 19 Creative Projects Made During the Covid-19 Crisis.
- I really love these handmade paper star lanterns.
- Here are 75+ DIY Christmas Gift Ideas.
- Make a Christmas Cloche from an Old Light Fixture.
- Have you seen the paper bag stars this season? They're really neat and the Gelli Arts Blog shares how to make them with some gelli printed bags.