Each week, I pick out a few pins from my Pinterest boards and try to recreate them or use them for inspiration. And, I challenge you to do the same. Find a pin that gets your creative juices going; be it a recipe, style inspiration, or organizational tip and run with it. I encourage you to share your results on your blog and then link it up here.
Before we get into my own pins and results, let me thank the following ladies for linking up this past week.
- Jenna at The Painted Apron with her Hawaiian Chicken Kababs with Smoked Sausage, Peaches, and Apricots.
- Lorraine at We are Clamco for sharing her Scrabble Tile Coasters.
- Lynda of Fresh Baked Designs shared her Cupcake Surprises as well as her Appliqued Tea Towels and Napa Valley Chicken Salad.
Over this week, I worked on the following: (Please make sure you pin from the ORIGINAL source and not from here.)
|Quiche with hashbrown crust from Joyful Homemaking off my Breakfast Board
|Mementos Narrative Necklace from Something Sublime
|Healing Amulet Necklace from MaggieZees Etsy Shop
|Chinese Bronze Repro Coin Amulet Necklace also from Maggie Zee
|Stamps from styrofoam from Alisa Burke off my Good Ideas Board.
Here's how each of these turned out for me.
The Quiche with Hashbrown Crust came together pretty easily. I was able to get all the other ingredients together (including cooking the bacon) while the oven pre-heated and the hashbrown crust cooked.
I've loved the dangly assemblage-style necklaces for a while and have quite a few pinned. It was about time I tackled making a similar one myself. First, I studied the inspirations I had from both Something Sublime and MaggieZee's blog and Etsy Shop. After than, I started by pillaging my stash for a ring-like base.
For my last trick, I made stamps on Styrofoam. I drew (poorly) shapes onto some bits of Styrofoam from a take-out container.
Next week is a little crazy, so I'm only going to aim for two pins.
- Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip from Cook the Story off my Healthy-er Eats board
- Beaded Toggle and Bar Clasp Tutorial from Beading Gem off my Jewelry Tutorials board