Even so, it is "Made Me Smile Monday"Here's my attempt to make you smile on most people's least favorite day of the week.
- This speaks for itself And apparently so do elk
- What were they thinking?(from Bits and Pieces)
- "The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble." - Unknown
- I had no idea that the questions asked of park rangers were so, uh, funny. (ex: at Carlsbad Caverns - "How much of this cave is underground?" AND at the Grand Canyon - "Is the mule train air conditioned?") Check it out.
- Can't you just hear the giggling in this picture? You have to giggle a little yourself. Go ahead, it's okay, I did.
Of course, before running any tests, the doctor asked (about three times), "Could you be pregnant?" I told her that would be awesome, but unfortunately not probable because of when my cycle ended. She just hung that bait out there like that, and me (being named HOPE and thus an obsessive optimist) waited with bated breath to hear my test results. She did break the lack of fetus to me gently before proclaiming the sinus infection.
I did crack up though as she was examining me and pressed on my forehead asking, "Do you feel any pressure here?" I thought - "Sure, I feel you pressing on my forehead." I kept that to myself though - didn't want her to mess up my drugs.
Anywho - Check out the following links to make you feel better about humanity and the videos to just make you feel better:
- A little girl saved her mother's life. There is a video on the site you can watch. It says the same thing as the article, but you get to see the little girl in action and watch her do her therapy.
- A Crafty Girl found a way to give back while still a student. Wow, she's accomplished so much. It's just inspiring.
- I love Sesame Street! In this video, you get to see some of the celebrities that have graced the awesome show. Funny huh?
- Lastly, this has been going around the internet today and I thought I would share. Kittens always make me feel warm and fuzzy.
- Here's what can happen when a news anchor and the on-scene reporter have a few differences
- In case you didn't know, there is actually an online list of famous last words.
- There are quite a few sites that have actual books available to read online for free. This is just one of them, I'm sure you can find many others.
- Wow, there are more types of art than I could ever imagine. This Hand Art is one I definitely never thought was out there.
- Ever felt like a huge failure? The Fail Blog will make you feel better.
So, I've switched crafty obsessions again and am currently making paper flowers. I may go into my process at another time but not right now. It's a craft of my own invention, and I have not perfected it yet.
This is the back of the tags. It's just some pretty cardstock/scrapbook paper that I punched out and glued to the back of the tags for stability.
Note: I kept the dye in yogurt containers with lids. This kept well for a few days so I could take breaks and go to work. But after a week or so, a few of the dye colors began to fade.
Hopefully I will finish these soon, but (like I said) I'm obsessed with paper flowers right now.
On another crafty note, I think I've mentioned it before - I constantly carry a 'craft bag' with me to soothe immediate crafting urges. In my craft bag today: sharpies, clear shrink plastic, travel watercolors, sketch book, tags to be glued, string for tags, small hole punch, glue stick, brayer, and a clipboard (as always).
Alright, I may post more tag pictures when I actually get them done. For now, I need to get back to work. I just wanted to remind everyone why I am Crafty Hope. I hope this helped.
- HeHeHeHe -
- **Language/sensitive ears and eyes WARNING** Just in case you didn't know- there are at least 99 Words for Boobs
- Don't we all need some Spring flowers to brighten our day? Just click and drag your mouse across the screen.
- Check out these interpretations of homeland security signs. Too funny!!
- Lastly, LOML* got me a new camera over the weekend. It's a Nokia CoolPix 550S. I like it.
*LOML=Love of My Life
Friday night LOML* accompanied me. We met one of my college friends and her husband for dinner before the mixer.
I'll start by saying that even after ten years, everyone looked EXACTLY the same. They had the mixer in the new coffee house on campus. The drinks were expensive, the location was over-lit, and there was no music or anything. It was odd. Besides my friend and her husband, I only spoke to two other classmates. I forgot that I wasn't really friends with most of the people who went to school with me. [That was the downside of going to college in my hometown. During college, I still hung out with my friends from high school.] I had a really great time with my friend and her husband. We even went to their house after the mixer and played some Wii Bowling. I drank WAY too much and was completely hung over on Saturday.
The 'Celebration' on Saturday was fairly nice. They held it outside. I almost didn't go because I felt so crappy and knew I wouldn't talk to those people again. However, it was the only event one of my other good friends from college was attending and I really wanted to see him. I haven't seen him in a few years. It was great to catch up with him and his wife, and we had a good time. My hangover reached its max and I left a little early to go home and hang out with LOML*.
I'm glad I went to the reunion all in all, but I don't know what I expected. I knew that the majority of the people I hung out with in college would not be there. It was great to see some of the people I did hang out with and to gawk at the people I didn't.
If you can't tell, I'm trying to be nice about the whole experience because I love Spring Hill and the I love the connections I did make there.
Okay, that's all I have to say about that.
*LOML=Love of My Life
I'm not sure how to feel about this. I went to my High School reunion too and ended up having a blast. I'm afraid that may have ruined my expectations for reunions in general. Hopefully there will be enough alcohol to fuel my conversation skills. There was a lot of alcohol involved in my college experience. And yes, these are people I went to school with for 4 years and all, but it's still very nerve racking.
Plus, I'm nowhere old enough to have been out of college for TEN years. What am I supposed to talk to all those old people about?
and a "Feed Good Friday" it is!!I have another theme post. Today is all about recapturing youth.
It includes quite a few videos, so I hope you have the time to enjoy them.
- If you are looking to feel a little younger, check out how the Wii can help you stay young.
- Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted a treehouse. Nowadays, there are plenty of adults with treehouses for all occasions. I think that's great! Now, if I could just convince LOML* to build mine - I already have a great tree for one.
- These show intros really take me back to my childhood
- I love this site where people are posting themselves in then and now pictures in the same poses. Too funny.
- Check out what happens when an Improv Anywhere group takes over a little league game. Those kids will remember that game for the rest of their lives. What a great childhood memory.
- Lastly, we all know kids say the darnedest things, but let me share with you what one kids said yesterday while we were at the beach. We got a real kick out of it.
- Kid (holding large rock): Look at this rock
Mom: Put that down, you’re going to get your hand dirty
- Kid drops big rock and smells hand
Kid: It just smells like the hand that is mine
Kid: I always have one hand that smells like that
*LOML=Love of My Life
What a beautiful sunset!
I already mentioned that LOML* comes back from DC today.
When this feeling started, I had to immediately text him to make sure he was okay.
Next, I called my mom to make sure everything was okay over her way.
I've had to resist the urge all day to drive home to check on the cat.
SOMETHING must be wrong. . .
I've finally decided that it MUST be PMS.
Pretty much anytime I'm on the verge of tears like this, it must be PMS.
Plus, I haven't been sleeping well without my human heater in the bed with me. (It's been cold down here since he's been gone.)
Anyway, he did text me back AND my mom's fine too (though I'm still not sure about the cat.)
As well, LOML* just called me from the airport. It's good to know that he's that closer to being back home!! I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and working from home tomorrow.
First, I must clean the house. Now, if it would only be 5 o'clock a little faster!! Sigh!
*LOML=Love of My Life
LOML* gets back from DC tonight AND it's "Wild Wild Web Wednesday"Here's some of the wacky and wild items from the interweb:
- Remember the fold-ins in MAD Magazine? Whether you do or not, the NY Times online offers this interactive Fold In Feature of some of Al Jaffee's fold-ins from the 1960's-present that you should enjoy. It's really neat, really.
- Talk about interactive, here's a toy piano you can actually play online!
- For cute, twisted, and quick entertainment, how about a 30 second texas chainsaw massacre starring animated bunnies? Now that's what I call entertainment!!
- Want to get back all those junk mail people who clog your mailbox and fill your trash can (not to mention landfills)? Mail them a brick at no cost to you. Heeheehee!!
- Lastly, for those extreme nerds and/or geeks. Check out this video of Leonard Nimoy (yes, Dr. Spock) singing The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins!!! AWESOME! This is good stuff! What a gem of geeky goodness.
It's been a few weeks since I put something out there for "Made Me Smile Monday"My list is HUGE, and it's my favorite topic. It totally brightens my Monday to go through the silly, funny, absurd, and crazy-fun items I find for the blog and post them.
Since it has been I while, I am going to post just a tad more than I have been to get some of this stuff off the list.
Check-check-check it out!!!:
- I live in Alabama, and this is something I can totally hear many of the rednecks saying.
- I stumbled across a t-shirt company, Busted Tees, with the most hilarious t-shirts I've ever seen. Here's a sampling of a few of my favorites. Check out the site to find your favs!!
- There are definitely some products out there that were poorly named or not properly thought out. Here are a dozen of these consumer product oddities.
- If you're like just about everyone else out there, you hate getting those calls. You know those calls, you're right in the middle of dinner or just about anything else and a salesperson phones you. One man found a tactic that I find awesomely funny. What tactics have you used?
- Here are a few quotes/statements I found amusing.
- I must confess, I was born at a very early age. -Groucho Marx
- Is it possible to be totally partial?
- If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?
- The one thing that has made me giggle uncontrollably all day is this hat that one of my co-workers is wearing.
Lately, many people have been trying to become more thrifty and frugal because of the so-called possible recession and because of the rising gas prices. Here are a few funnies a friend e-mailed me that put a little bit of a lighter side on the increasing coasts of gas.
See! It's not just you that feels like they're being anally raped every time they pull up to the pump. Um well, I hope these make you chuckle as much as they made me chuckle.
- Kittens are cute no matter what, even (especially) in a music video. heh!
- This pillow lights up slowly to wake you gradually, instead of startling you like an alarm does. Hmmm? I'm not sure if that would work for me or not, the alarm doesn't.
- Here's another awesome, little, beautiful application like the one last week. Seriously, click on those links and see how neat they are.
- Check out this cool skyline time lapse image. Just move your mouse across the image. COOL!!
- Think you're smart? Think you know US Geography? Take this test and see if you can name all the states in 15 minutes. I only used 7 minutes before I gave up. However, I was able to name 45 of them (and couldn't spell Massachusetts.)
I've got a few things I want to share for "Techie Tuesday"Basically, they just show you how much of a geek I can be. Just in case you still have doubts, even after Friday's post with the 'Yay!' thing.
- Several of these 10 cult classic mid 80's fantasy movies are on my shortlist of favorite movies. Seriously, 'cult classic' 'mid 80's' 'fantasy movies' - AWESOME!
- I mentioned Battlestar Gallactica's season premiere last week, but failed to offer up this Battlestar top ten list from the David Letterman Show. If that doesn't peak your interest, I don't know what will.
- I absolutely LOVE the craftster community, especially when members share their geek love also. Since I can't knit or really crochet, these Fellowship of the Ring amigurumi are simply mystical to me. I love when craftiness and geekiness come together.
Yay for my husband who woke me so sweetly ;) this morning!
Yay for Friday!
Yay for Mellow Mushroom's Gourmet White that I had for lunch (YUM!) !
Yay for Battlestar Gallactica's season premiere tonight! (yes, I am a BIG geek!)
Yay for a weekend with very few plans!
Yay for blueberry beer that some friends are picking up for me right now in Florida! (Don't dis it until you try it!)
Yay for good friends who call when they're in Florida and can pick you up really good beer!
Yay for warmer weather that means I can get in the water soon!
Yay for (since I've already admitted my geekiness) the New Kids reunion. (It reminds me of my youth, alright!)
Yay for the beautiful azaleas and wisteria that are blooming all over lower Alabama right now!
Yay for a brighter outlook on life!
Yay for you visiting my blog!
I want to add a reminder to look for and celebrate all the little Yay's in your life too!!
- Dog saves baby kangaroo (pictures are TOO cute)
- Selfless Driver helps prevent accident on Golden Gate Bridge
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
- There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them. - Dave Barry
- You should not confuse your career with your life. - Dave Barry
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. - Dave Barry
- Try Questionaut! It's a cool, beautiful little question game. Really, the graphics are gorgeous and the questions are fairly easy (at least the part I was able to try.)
- If you just don't have the time to read like you used to, here's a collection of stories that are only one sentence long. REALLY! It's actually a writing exercise and anyone can submit their story, as long as it's only ONE sentence.
- Check out this photoshop contest where entrants had to place modern products in vintage ads. The results are fun to view and quite ingenious.
- How would you like your own personal microwave to take everywhere you go? Craving hot pockets? No problem. Jonesing for some easy mac? It's in the bag.
- Jonesing for some Meth? Stop first, and check out these faces of meth. They're before and after mug shots of the toll meth takes on its users. It's definitely enough to make you stay away from the stuff. Ugh!!!
1. My crafty obsession has switched (again). On Monday night, I was rolling out felt balls until dinner was ready. Last night, I started dyeing items. I'll get into exactly WHAT and HOW in a later post (when I have pictures.)
2. LOML* is getting a promotion already!! He'll have to go out of town again in a few weeks for some training and general information gathering. I'm so proud of him!!
That's all for now!
*LOML=Love of My Life
I found this neat exercise on Tales of a Wannabe Fiber Goddess and thought it would be fun.
Here are the rules:
1. Go to www.photobucket.com
2. Type in your answer to the question in the “search” box
3. Use only the first page
4. Insert the picture into your Blog
Admittedly, I haven't been very active here on the blog as I've been devoting more and more time to video creation. (Once again, I e...
Learning to make jewelry is as simple as knowing a few of the tools and how to perform several techniques. From there, a whole world of des...
One of the hurdles in learning to make your own jewelry can be as simple as figuring out all the supplies that are out there and what the ba...