Mostly, I think it's because of my upcoming birthday. While I LOVE birthdays (attention, presents, etc), I don't really like getting older. It reminds me of all the unfinished pieces of my life, all the unmet goals, the lack of having my own children, the loss I've experienced over the years, yada yada yada. However, while I could be happy-ER, I'm currently the happiest I've ever been. So, as I approach another significant birthday (35!! oh my!), I'm going to keep reminding myself of how lucky I really AM; what I DO HAVE and NOT what I lack.
Sorry for the whine-fest, but I needed to get that out. OKAY!
Next up. . .
It's a Thursday, and you may remember my weekly Thrifty Thursday posts. I have been saving a few items to share with you and I think I'll start with my most favorite, most USED piece.
When I found this swivel-caddy-thing for TWO BUCKS at the thrift store I snatched it up (throwing the kitchen utensils that were in it ALL OVER the display table in the process) I don't know what it's original purpose was, but I knew EXACTLY what I was going to make it.
Once it dried, I piled all my pliers and scissors in the holes (if you can believe it I've now got even MORE stuff in it.) It sits on the craft desk and receives regular attention from me.
It was one of the best thrift-store-scores I've ever made.
Speaking of re-purposed items, here are the newest items listed in my shop- they used to just be plain old hardware store washers.
|Purple Power Earrings|
I've also got a few Thrifty Thursday links to share:
- Make re-usable bowl cover
- Stuff you can make from newspapers and junk mail
- Fork wall hooks (cheap, stylish, and crafty!!)
And, FINALLY, some Halloween goodness (it's sneaking up on us isn't it?)
- This witches' dinner party table is just beyond adorable.
- There's just something about this spooky skull wreath that I love!
- For those paranormal fans, friendly ghost candle shades.
- These bio-hazard candy slides are WAY BEYOND my candy-making skills, but they look so very cool!!
- If you're not into carving and really like some glitter, check out Crafty Chica's paint drip pumpkin.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.