Bead Box 11 - Stocked
Before I started The 100 Day Project, I knew I needed to restock that darn bead box. Since my project is #100DaysOfMakingJewelry, I just had to make sure I had a few designs at the ready for those days when I'm not inspired.
My bead box is a simple plastic organizer with 17 compartments. Into each compartment, I place most of the elements for a jewelry design. This is the eleventh iteration of this box. I'll have links to all the others below. Here's a quick look at the box all stocked and ready for me.
And, here's what's in each of those compartments.
This actually wasn't the first piece I designed for the box, but it ended up in space one because that's the largest of them, and this is a packed design. It's really simple though. I chose an ornamental vintage chandelier crystal for the pendant. From there, I dumped out my personal stash of bead soup (mix of beads) and began selecting beads and buttons that spoke to me. Before long, a palette emerged. If you follow me on Instagram, you've likely already seen this and several of these other initial bead box designs in progress.
I went much more simple with a lot of what ended up in this version on the box. These turquoise drops and brass arrows, for example, will be a pair of earrings.
I've had those lovely brass leaves for AGES. It's time I put them to good use. They really speak for themselves, so they'll be the centerpieces in a pair of earrings.
Finding beads to match that shade of blue on the found pottery shard was tough. But, I dipped into the last of my amazonite pebbles and will alternate those with frosted faceted glass beads.
A friend gifted me with several sets of keys. I've been trying to find different ways to use them. As I was stocking this box just before Valentine's Day, these heart keys spoke to me. I painted them with several shades of pink Vintaj Patinas but wasn't a big fan of the outcome. So, I sanded it back to give these a nice rustic, peeled-paint feel. I'll accent them with some rhinestone beads.
I absolutely love using those hardware store snap rings for assemblage pendants. For this necklace, I'm using a soldered button, a soldered stone, a handmade wired resin and paper teardrop, Czech glass beads, a bone bead, and some gunmetal-colored e-beads. I can't wait to see how this one comes together.
And, then it's back to simple. Those distressed and aged tin discs will be paired with the large white beads for earrings.
I'm really, really excited to see how this one turns out. The brass stamping fairy was picked up at an antique show several years ago. I haven't been able to bring myself to use her. Isn't she lovely? But, now it's time! She will become the pendant to a necklace with the chandelier crystal and some clear glass beads.
I can't remember where I got those metal tassels. I think they were part of some office supplies I found at Tuesday Morning. Of course, I saw jewelry! They're going to make it into a pair of earrings along with brass bead caps, headpins, and some tiny faceted blue beads.
These elements were already bagged up together like I had already planned out some earrings for them. I don't know what I was waiting for, but into the box they went. They will end up just being tiny little things.
I'm awful at planning out bracelets. I try to make sure I have at least one design for one in each of the bead boxes. The Tim Holtz word bar was altered with metallic Vintaj Patinas. I'll add the black and gold beads as the chain.
Those tin semi-circles are from an old Mary Englebreit tin. Can you tell? I picked out coordinating red and yellow glass beads along with a few black seed beads and some silver chain to create a pair of earrings. I know we're all ready for spring!
As simple as this mix looks, quite a bit of thought went into it. The pendant's picture is from the dictionary definition of the word "balcony." I decided that the girl is Juliet and looked up the Capulet colors. Seeing that they were blue and yellow, I selected the yellow glass pearls and small Czech glass beads to make the chain for this necklace.
I wanted a new key assemblage piece in this box. So, an iridescent glass bubble was attached to a steel key blank. I'll add some wrapped crystals to the key when I work on this one. As well, a soldered bubble, silver beads, and more AB glass beads will be used to complete the chain of this necklace design.
Again, I've gone with simple for a pair of earrings. This set will include vintage chandelier crystal beads and some reproduction copper clock hands.
I really love those amazonite briolettes. I've matched them up with cultured sea glass coin beads and some silver tone swirl beads to make a pair of earrings.
For this final design, I picked out those cute brass bows. They'll be combined with some tiny garnet semi-circles, garnet-colored glass beads, and frosted glass beads for earrings.
If you're interested in the other stocked and revealed boxes, here's that list I mentioned.
And, that's it for this version of the bead box. As I finish writing this post, I have to admit that I'm getting close to finishing all the designs for it since my 100 Day Project is keeping me very busy with making jewelry. I hope you're finding ways to stay busy too.