Peek at My Week (March 21-27)
We've made it through another week! Here's hoping yours was a good one. Here's a peek at mine.
There was more work with the above beads on Thursday. But, I also made som time to explore the property since the rain had stopped.
As the bamboo shoots are popping up, it's my routine to walk the property to kick them down before they get too big. On Friday, while searching for them in an area I haven't recently tread, I spied these blooms.
Saturday was a mixed bag. Pat had a gig out of town so I was on my own. I woke early with him then did some yardwork before chatting on the phone with a friend I haven't talked to in a few months. From there, I decided to do a little eco-dying to see if the azaleas and wisteria would color my papers. (It seems that the wisteria leaves did great but neither of the blooms added much color to the pages - just FYI.) And, that pretty much ended my week.
Here's some inspiration for your week ahead:
- I've mentioned it several times that I don't really do wreaths, but I can always appreciate the beauty of them. This Inexpensive Rag Wreath piques my interest because of its simplicity.
- Can you believe that Easter is next weekend? GAH! I saw this Fabric Easter Egg Pattern and thought it was super cute. . . maybe next year! Also, this Easter Egg Banner is awful sweet. I can see hanging it across my TV stand.
- I mentioned last week that I'm going to try to learn to knit, maybe even crochet. So this Crocheted Chain Link Necklace definitely caught my attention.
- Oh my goodness. You really need to see the beauty of these floating embroidered pieces. They're gorgeous.
- Anything rainbow-related always calls out to me. I'm taken with this woven rainbow card. I just want to pet it!
- Here are Five Favorite Creative Tips for your creative process.
- I'm always on the lookout for images to use in my art, and The Graphics Fairy often delivers just that. This week, she shared some Old Kid Photos that are really great.
- This little Woven Embroidery Hoop looks like a project I could actually do. I might too, I have all the supplies.
- How about some jewelry-making? lol. These Marbled Clay Statement Earrings are made with polymer clay.
- Finally, here are 52 Quotes about Journaling to inspire your creativity.