We're in the home stretch to Spring and I can feel it all around me. The azaleas are blooming outside my craft room and pollen covers EVERYTHING! This time of year always feels so full of possibilities and gives me so much to look forward to. I hope you're feeling similar. Here's a peek at my last week.
Monday was slow-moving for sure! But, I accomplished almost everything on my list.
I felt much better on Tuesday and finished up the last (for now) of my chain link earring designs.
I started Friday with a walk around the property in the morning. The fog was thick and stuck around for a while, so many of the buds and blooms were covered in a dewy mist.
In the evening, I met my best friend out on the patio of a local restaurant and talked until the place closed. I've seen more people this week than I have in the whole year, I think. And, admittedly, it makes me nervous. So, I'm hoping to get back on track until more people have the vaccine and that nagging voice in my head can be silenced. I hope you're safe and healthy as well.
Here's some inspiration from the past week:
- I don't make a lot of rings, but simple ones like this Easy Spinner Wire Wrapped Ring Tutorial make me wonder why.
- I think we're all aware of how trendy woven wall hangings have become. These massive weavings from Tammy Kanat show just how beautiful and diverse they can be.
- Speaking of wall decorations, I'm taken with the simplicity of this recycled yogurt container wall decor idea at Stampington.
- This new DIY Earring tutorial from Moois Van Mie just screams spring and summer.
- I've probably mentioned a time or two that we don't hang a lot of wreaths at our house, but the funky design of this Boho Twine Jute Wreath pulls at me to make one.
- Here's a great idea for how to finish off a cup-chain using crimp covers. I'm wondering if a similar idea would work with ball-chain too.
- Julie Balzer always has some cute ideas. I'm digging this one that involves using a paint palette to make paper beads.
- I'm absolutely smitten with this DIY Gemstone Chain. I usually make chains in this manner, but those gemstones really make this necklace. I'd love to find a local (US) source for similar beads. Let me know if you have one.
- These pop culture military paintings tickle me to no end.
- No post would be complete without some mention of embroidery. Here's a cute, free Irish Blessing Pattern just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
And, that's it for the week. After all my fun, I'm running a bit behind and hoping to catch up. Here's hoping Spring finds you wherever you are and you enjoy the heck out of it!
I love seeing the waking up of nature around you, we're having another snowy week here in Bulgaria :) I'm eager to see the opening of buds that have already formed on most trees and shrubs in the neighborhood. I spotted a fabulous use of buttons on one the earring pairs. I was thinking about something similar and now I know it looks good!ReplyDelete