Peek at My Week (Feb. 28-March 6)
I'm running so behind! Let's make this just a quick peek.
Pat and I worked all day Sunday to start on getting the pool in order and ready for the heat. The big task that took us most of the day was removing the pool blanket that we had placed on the pool before Hurricane Sally. We had hoped it would prevent too much debris from gathering in the pool. But, it's been on the pool since then, collecting its own debris. After much pulling and tugging on our own, we finally got the tractor involved. As Pat lowered the boom, I spied this cricket (above) on it.
On Wednesday, one of my nieces had a dentist appointment in Mobile. So I planned to spend the whole day there. But first, I had to tackle my 100 Day Project.
Thursday was beautiful and warm. I cleaned out and updated the booth at Southern Antiques and Accents.
Back at home, I began working on a project that involves using large links of chain to make earrings. It's really to fill out some of the open spots up at the antique store. But, I'm working on making it part of a video series as well!
This new challenge for myself continued into Friday where I began to work on the link earrings in earnest.
Saturday began normally enough, and with an abundance of fresh eggs. (The chicks are now laying pretty regularly.) So, I made omeletts to work our way through a few of them.
And, that pretty much finished up my week. Here's some inspiration I found.
- This spirograph necklace tutorial uses plastic canvas and embroidery floss to create a pretty pendant.
- It's almost hard to believe that these mini paper plants aren't real. They're so beautifully made.
- Ethan Hawke gives a TED talk on giving yourself permission to be creative. He's got some really inspiring points in the talk.
- Before, it was paper plants, but now you should see these paper flowers!
- This necklace tutorial that includes a shrink plastic butterfly is really something special.
- In this article, you're encouraged to work on two paintings at one time. I think it may apply to other arts as well.
Today'sa bit off-kilter for me after a fun-filled day yesterday. I hope to get back on track soon. I hope your week treats you well too!