Peek at My Weeks (Feb 14-27)
Once again, I'm catching up on my weekly peek. I had the time last week to write this post, but not the motivation. And, my mood was not conducive for it at all. I'm sure you've had days like that too. So, I gave myself a break and decided I would wait. Now, I've got loads to share with you.
I also ran out to the store for a bit of a treat.
Monday was a little crazy as the plumbers were at the house most of the afternoon struggling to fix our drain issue. I stayed out of their way and in the craft room.
Tuesday was Mardi Gras. And, it was unlike any I've ever celebrated. It was bitterly cold. My sinuses were aching. I grocery shopped. But, there was King Cake.
- Learn about 20 common embroidery mistakes and how to fix them.
- My Modern Met has some great information about creating collage art.
- I love Heather of HumbleBeads' style. Here, she shares the pattern for her X's & O's Necklace along with the supplies to make it yourself.
- I'm not sure what language this post is in, but it's a quick tutorial showing how to use Lego as a photo-holder and you'll quickly get the idea from the pictures.
- I have to admit that I'm not sold on the knotted configuration of this yarn-wrapped wall-hanging. But, I think some of the instructions contained in the tutorial are useful for other projects.
- At the Beading Gem, you'll find some instructions to make easy riveted stampings jewelry.
- I've never heard of a colonial knot in embroidery terms, but this tutorial will teach you how to make them.
- Learn about leatherworking projects and tools at My Modern Met.
- Find out some fun facts about birthstones.
- At the Artists Network, learn 5 Keys to Creating Art that's all your own.
- Since Easter is quickly approaching, here are 20 Crafts with plastic Easter eggs. Some of these are more kid-centered, but there are adult ideas as well.
- At HumbleBeads, Heather shares how to make her Springtime Dream Bracelet.
- As knots often trip me up, I haven't quite gotten on the macrame train yet, but this Macrame braid necklace tutorial at Make & Fable does catch my attention.
- I really love these mixed media portraits from Nelson Makamo.
- Since I'm all about upcycling, there's no question that a wreath made from scraps would pique my interest.
- I had no idea there were so many ways to press flowers and use them.
- You may not think snails are cute, but these photos may change your mind.
- I know several of you already make bead embroidery, but I haven't jumped on that train yet. Maybe one day!!
- Here's a lucky clover embroidery pattern.
- I may not be able to make macrame, but this massive installation is so impressive!
- It took me a few days to finally get around to reading this long article on Keys to Creative Productivity, but I'm so glad I did!
- Roben-Marie shares some ideas for overcoming those moments of creative self-doubt.
- I can't even imagine creating these tiny embroidery landscapes. I have a hard enough time working at a normal scale.
- This playful street art is sure to make you smile.
- I love so much of what Sadie Seasongoods makes and shares. In this post, she has a roundup of recycled paper crafts.
- So, I have a serious love of crayons. Their smell is almost euphoric for me. So, these crayon sculptures just make me giddy!
- Check out this adorable DIY Book Pendant. There's so much to love about it.
- I've totally got this playing card house tutorial saved for later.
- Y'ALL! This is art that combines beads and embroidery. I'm SWOONING!
- I've only ever seen dichroic glass used in jewelry. These art installations are glorious.
- To finish out this list is a picture of a dormouse that will absolutely make you giggle.