Peek at My Week (Jan 31-Feb 6)
Let me go ahead and admit that the majority of this post is just pictures of my desk and what I've been working on for #The100DayProject.
As I mentioned before, my project is #100DaysofMakingJewelry, and I'm not pushing myself to get anything DONE each day, I just want to work on making each day.
I needed to be at my mom's most of Wednesday to take my niece to the dentist, but before I left the house, I stacked a few pretty beads together on a headpin for some earrings.
While taking the recycling to the boxes (I have to drive into town since there's no pickup in our area), I ran into the library to check out their free shelves really quick for a bit of a Thrifty Thursday.
I had to stop to admire this little tree of blooms in my front yard. It took me a bit of asking around online, but I found out that it's a Taiwan Cherry Tree.
For that day's project, I started a necklace.
Just as we were heading to bed, our older cat, Rosalina, began sneezing blood. It was awful. It was everywhere. I didn't know what to do. We cleaned up what we could and isolated her in our bathroom to contain the mess until I could get her to the vet in the morning. Neither of us slept well because of the worry, and the bathroom was quite the scene. But, I cleaned it up and got her to the vet for treatment. Later in the day, I was finally able to focus on making.
In the evening, I had a video call with my Bead Soup Swap partner (Robin Reed) to open our packages to one another. Here's a peek at what she sent me.
We were able to release Rosalina from her confinement on Saturday morning as I didn't see any additional blood in the bathroom. She was relieved for the release and settled into one of her favorite spots in front of my dresser.
That was my week for the most part.
Now, here's some inspiration for you.
- While the 100 Day Project has already started, you could still join in. Julie of Balzer Designs offers up some 100 Day Project ideas.
- At the Beading Gem, she's shared 6 Beaded Heart Jewelry Tutorials.
- I'm always looking for some doodle suggestions, so here are some Flower Doodles to learn.
- Roben-Marie has a few ideas for how to successfully participate in the 100 day project.
- I like this lovely heart and pom-pom garland for Valentine's Day.
- This tutorial for a seashell heart sign is one I saved last year to share just in time for Valentine's Day.
- I really want to hone my brush lettering skills, and this tutorial might be just the thing.
- These slouching figure sculptures and their details are captivating.