I insist, you must hear about my birthday weekend.
- My dear, sweet husband surprised me with a small birthday gathering in my honor on Friday night.
- I really had no idea about the party, yet ESP or intuition or something advised me to put on something presentable, do my hair, and put on make-up. Weird.
- This surprise included a birthday treat along with a face full of whipped cream...so much for the make-up.
- Afterward, we went over to some friends' house for key lime pie, beers, and a show.
- Saturday was mostly a lazy day of football.
- We spent the evening with Pat's family watching the Alabama Crimson Tide STOMP the Tennessee Vols!! (woohoo!)
- His family gifted me with some new crimson gear and a card that makes farting noises. . .seriously.
- Sunday started with an early morning looking at property.
- Since we were near it, Pat and I decided to get some Krispy Kremes for breakfast. We even went in for the Hot Donuts now. Boy was that a bad choice. . .as I was sitting down to my doughnuts, the chair caught my pants. Before I knew it, my ass was on display for all of the Foley Krispy Kreme patrons to enjoy. Fortunately, my shirt was stretchy enough for me to pull it over my behind as I scooted out the door.
- After a change of pants, we spent the afternoon with my family.
- My mom slaved over had a HUGE family meal complete with a whole turkey, scalloped potatoes, and brussel sprouts (even though my grandmother and I are the only ones who like them.) It was delicious!
- We ended the evening with some "Walking Dead"
- My actual birthday was Monday and Pat gifted me with some cash-for-clothes as I had requested.
- We had a yummy dinner at Mellow Mushroom and met a friend to see "Paranormal Activity 3."
- I spent all day Tuesday out shopping with my birthday money, I'll get to shy shopping in another post maybe. It was a nice day alone.
With FOUR DAYS of celebration and fun (and a few embarrassments), I really haven't been at my bead table much, just popping in every once in a while to pick at one thing or another. As such, this is its current state for Bead Table Wednesday.
|The somewhat neglected bead table|
|And some more Shabby Beads that are working their way into a necklace.|
There's more Bead Table Wednesday in the Flickr Group
In addition, I've had some pretty big scares over the condition of my hard drive AND a virus to deal with. So there's been limited use of the laptop while we backed it up, saved serial numbers, eradicated the virus, and all the other things Pat did to take care of it (I have NO idea.) In that time, I wasn't able to list anything new in the shop. Since things seem to be running a bit smoother this morning (knock on wood
, as Pat says my hard drive could just drop dead at any minute. EEK!), I went ahead and listed a new necklace.
Lastly, I want to mention that Sally at WireWorked is giving away this pretty little bracelet
. Go over there to leave a comment and find out how else you can enter!
I really must go because in addition to not blogging, listing items, or making anything; I've also not done any grocery shopping. It's a MUST DO before the cats revolt! Of course, I also don't have a menu made so I have no idea what groceries to buy (other than cat food.) GAH. If this is what getting older is going to to do me, I might as well just stop right now. Yes, I think that sounds nice. Wait. . .that means no more surprise birthday parties. Nevermind. Forget I ever said that. I quite enjoyed the surprise.
Now, to actually go get something productive done.
Sounds like you had a great birthday! That's pretty funny/embarrassing about your pants. But obviously you have the right sense of humor to get over it :) Glad you had fun!ReplyDelete
A belated Happy Birthday, Hope! Sounds like it was a memorable birthday in more ways than imagined. Put a smile on my face imagining the "scene." ; )ReplyDelete
Lucky you with your win - beautiful beads...
Happy Birthday Hope!!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday!! My birthday is this weekend. Love what is one your bead table. I have things all over the place I am getting ready for an open house so trying very had to have some new things offered.ReplyDelete
Sounds like a delightful birthday week--with some funny surprises mixed in! I love the necklace you made!ReplyDelete
What a wonderful birthday celebration you have had...happy belated birthday.sorry about the pants but sounds like you managed it with great style!ReplyDelete
By the way.....go for the chain....it's a great and fun style...
Those pink and brown beads are quite an interesting mix....hope the computer stays alive, too.
Sound like a great Birthday!! Even though I am sitting here laughing my self silly about your pants... thank god for long shirts!ReplyDelete
Thank you for posting about my giveaway!
Sounds like a fantastic birthday, Hope! I love your winnings from Gaea and those peanut beads!ReplyDelete
Happy Happy Birthday Hope!!! It sounded like you had a great weekend. Don't you love it when people take care of you?!ReplyDelete
love the Gaea set---can't wait to see what you make with them. I just won a "Simple Truths" so I look forward to working on that next week. And the peanuts are my new go-to bead for stringing. Love em!
Happy Belated Birthday Hope, so glad you had a great one! I love your winnings from Gaea and your creations as always.ReplyDelete
Belated Happy Birthday!!!ReplyDelete
I had to laugh reading your Krispy Kreme experience :D
Glad you found a new blogger friend close to your hometown! That's great!!
Happy Belated Birthday...and thanks for sharing all of your birthday adventures. Your mishap at Krispy Kreme was something that would happen to me! I love that retro-looking Krispy Skremes box. This makes me want to head out to our nearest Krispy Kreme...and unfortunately it isn't close by!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I'm glad you liked all my 'adventures.' Our KK wasn't close by either and that's why it was a big deal to go get some. They were yummy though, despite the hole in my pants!
Thanks for stopping by!