- My dear, sweet husband surprised me with a small birthday gathering in my honor on Friday night.
- I really had no idea about the party, yet ESP or intuition or something advised me to put on something presentable, do my hair, and put on make-up. Weird.
- This surprise included a birthday treat along with a face full of whipped cream...so much for the make-up.
- Afterward, we went over to some friends' house for key lime pie, beers, and a show.
- Saturday was mostly a lazy day of football.
- We spent the evening with Pat's family watching the Alabama Crimson Tide STOMP the Tennessee Vols!! (woohoo!)
- His family gifted me with some new crimson gear and a card that makes farting noises. . .seriously.
- Sunday started with an early morning looking at property.
- Since we were near it, Pat and I decided to get some Krispy Kremes for breakfast. We even went in for the Hot Donuts now. Boy was that a bad choice. . .as I was sitting down to my doughnuts, the chair caught my pants. Before I knew it, my ass was on display for all of the Foley Krispy Kreme patrons to enjoy. Fortunately, my shirt was stretchy enough for me to pull it over my behind as I scooted out the door.
- After a change of pants, we spent the afternoon with my family.
- My mom slaved over had a HUGE family meal complete with a whole turkey, scalloped potatoes, and brussel sprouts (even though my grandmother and I are the only ones who like them.) It was delicious!
- We ended the evening with some "Walking Dead"
- My actual birthday was Monday and Pat gifted me with some cash-for-clothes as I had requested.
- We had a yummy dinner at Mellow Mushroom and met a friend to see "Paranormal Activity 3."
- I spent all day Tuesday out shopping with my birthday money, I'll get to shy shopping in another post maybe. It was a nice day alone.
|The somewhat neglected bead table
|The beads I won from Gaea
|Peanut beads I ordered from WhimBeads
|And some more Shabby Beads that are working their way into a necklace.
There's more Bead Table Wednesday in the Flickr Group.
|Bead Table Wednesday
In addition, I've had some pretty big scares over the condition of my hard drive AND a virus to deal with. So there's been limited use of the laptop while we backed it up, saved serial numbers, eradicated the virus, and all the other things Pat did to take care of it (I have NO idea.) In that time, I wasn't able to list anything new in the shop. Since things seem to be running a bit smoother this morning (knock on wood, as Pat says my hard drive could just drop dead at any minute. EEK!), I went ahead and listed a new necklace.
|Live What You Love Necklace
Lastly, I want to mention that Sally at WireWorked is giving away this pretty little bracelet. Go over there to leave a comment and find out how else you can enter!
I really must go because in addition to not blogging, listing items, or making anything; I've also not done any grocery shopping. It's a MUST DO before the cats revolt! Of course, I also don't have a menu made so I have no idea what groceries to buy (other than cat food.) GAH. If this is what getting older is going to to do me, I might as well just stop right now. Yes, I think that sounds nice. Wait. . .that means no more surprise birthday parties. Nevermind. Forget I ever said that. I quite enjoyed the surprise.
Now, to actually go get something productive done.