|Sun setting behind the Mobile, AL skyline|
- Exercise I did take ONE Pilates class and did some exercise at home ONE morning. I also did a lot of floating (in the river, gulf, wherever I could) but other than that. . .NADA! Must improve on this, desperately! It's not going to be too pretty of a swimsuit season for me.
- Eat right/better. I did okay on this. My biggest downfall is always breakfast. I really need to come up with some easy, tasty, healthy options that will compel me to worry with them first thing in the morning.
- Read more books/watch less TV (I'd like to read at least two books a month, however that all depends on the length of the book) I also did okay on this one. I finally finished Inheritance and started on Let's Pretend this Never Happened (a Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess). I'm hoping to FINALLY get into some shorter, easier-to-read books to make up all that missed time. We'll see! As far as less tv, that hasn't been too much of a problem.
- Make a real effort to keep the house clean This is the ONE goal I'm letting myself say met to. Although the house this month did get into some of the worst shape in a while, I also recovered it pretty quickly. I made some strides in getting a few areas cleaned that really make a difference to me. I still have some ways to go, but I feel really good about this one right now.
- Discover new music Just, fail. That's all I can really say. I do love my NPR and can't seem to pull myself to listen to new music.
- Grow some plants inside and out This one's coming along fine. I've got my porch plants. . .the ones that are still alive at least. I've even got a few tomatoes and jalapenos ripening! I'm horrible at remembering to water my plants though. I'd like to get a few more houseplants eventually. All in good time.
- Make my visions of my dream house and this house co-exist. Not much has been done on this front, more talk and more of me looking in thrift stores but very little action. sigh.
- Declutter/organize at least one drawer/cabinet/area a week. I got ONE area decluttered in the whole of the month. That's it. Blarg!
- Have a yard sale (possibly organize a neighborhood one) Nope, didn't happen. Now it's gotten so hot I'll just have to start thinking about the Fall.
- Take better care of my face and skin. This has always been a stumbling block of mine. I just can't seem to remember every day. Will continue to work on it!
- Go to the doctor/dentist. Nope. That's all.
|A waffleized Monte Cristo sandwich for breakfast|
|My kitchen window.|
|Two of my favorites, my man and my Blue!|
|A gardenia from my mom's garden.|
|Floating in Wasabi Cove on Fish River|
- Make a real effort with my blog. As this is my first blog post in a week, I'm sure you can tell that I'm not happy with my performance on this goal as far as regular posting. I am pleased with some of the topics I touched on this month, but I'm still just not there yet.
- Include more tutorials on the blog. Didn't include a single one. I've got ideas for at least THREE. Why is this so hard?
- Keep the craft room more organized. I did okay on this. The room is NOWHERE near where I'd like it to be, but I do know where most everything is!
- Discover my passion. I haven't gotten anything concrete on this front yet. But, there are some ideas formulating.
- Get published (at least submit to a few publications). After last's month's hopeful prospect, I haven't heard back from my contact. I did try to follow up and ask, but she hasn't responded so I guess that one's out of the running. I've got this on my daily to do list now. Hopefully that will prompt me to follow through some more.
- Create something everyday. It's been harder than I expected to create something EVERY DAY. However, I have gotten a few items made as well as some of the miscellaneous materials I need for the business. So I don't consider this a complete fail.
- Explore other venue options for selling my jewelry. I get a big F on this one. I actually had an opportunity pass under my nose and I didn't follow through because of the distance to the location from my house. I might need to re-think this.
- Find a way to use what I have instead of buying more. I need less more in my life! I've done fine on this, a few shopping trips but nothing outrageous. I've avoided my local beading stores like the plague. I hate that.
|Backers for my jewelry (LOVE these!)|
|A new pair of earrings.|
- Figure out where my time is wasted and put an end to it. I'm doing okay with this. I've been trying to recognize when I am wasting time (not doing something on this list or something productive) and re-directing myself to an activity that will accomplish something.
- Find some confidence and exert it. I did okay on this one. The opportunity that arose at a local shop was because I admitted to the cashier that I had made my jewelry. That was a big step for me. Secondly, I just completed an application to become a Bead Instructor at my local Micheal's store. That still scares me a little, but it would be a whole lot of fun too!
- Think outside of the box. This one just didn't fall together for me in any instances this month.
- Be Grateful/Thankful. As much as I do have in my life, I really should be going out of my way to find ways to express my gratitude. This desperately needs to improve.
|After my wreck. . .that dent in the rail was my doing. boo!|
|Lunch with a friend (this was her meal, mine wasn't near as pretty!)|
So that's my failure of a month. Going through this definitely has reminded me WHY I'm doing these monthly reviews. I know they are probably boring as all get out for you, but it's necessary for me to see where I need to focus my attentions. Thank you for bearing with me! And here's hoping that June is full of much more success for you and me both!
Oh. . .and here are my other goal reviews: January, February, March, and April as well as the original list if you're just weirdly interested in that kind of thing!