Let me just say that I LOVE the summer: being able to go to the beach all season long, warm rays on my skin, kids excited for their freedom. However, down here in Alabama it is SWELTERING HOT for 4-5 months. If you're not going to the beach, the river, or a friend's pool it's miserable to go outside. Yet, in comes September on Summer's boot heels, bringing in just a touch of cool air in the evenings. It's not quite enough to enjoy being outside, but just enough for me to start envisioning camp fires and evening walks and cozy sweaters. A TEASE I tell you!! Can you tell I'm ready for a bit of Fall-like weather?
Anyway. . .I listed a few items in the shop yesterday. I figured I'd show them off!!
|Witching You A Happy Halloween Brooch|
|Miracles and Magic Necklace - this piece is two-sided. Follow the link to see pictures of the other side!!|
First some Crafty Links. These are just some of the ones I have tagged with paper or papercraft!!
- Learn to make a hardback mini-album with one sheet of cardstock paper and some chipboard.
- Cathie Filian dresses up some plain candles with a tissue paper transfer method!
- I don't see as much about it as I used to, but Simone at Crafty Daisies shares some sites as well as some ideas for things to do with digital scrapbook paper.
- I love this simple and cute idea from Nikki at Whimsy Love to re-make paint samples into notebooks.
- After my own heart (magazines, jewelry, recycling), you can find a tutorial for recycling magazines into jewelry over at CraftSylish
- These photorealistic paintings are AH-MAZING!
- Here are some of the geekiest tattoos you'll ever see. Some of them are actually kinda cool. I like the Love/hate one, just not the placement of it and the dot-to-dot one. Which do you like?
- Redesigning a room? Remodeling your house? Just want to make some changes in your living area? Roomle helps you do these, apparently.