1. What part of the state do you call home?
I'm way down in L.A. (lower Alabama) in Fairhope. It's just the other side of the Bay from Mobile and north of Gulf Shores.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging since October of 2007. So, wow, almost six years.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started because I saw the communities that were developed around blog genres and because I wanted a place to share my experiences, tips, and whatnot and become a part of those communities. I though blogging would be a nice way to share my life as well.
4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community?
This community is still rather new to me. But, I do like the idea of women from my state (other Southern Gals) sharing ideas, recipes, tips, and spreading the awesomeness of our state.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
This is a hard one for me. I know I'll still be in this area (southern Alabama) maybe in the same house and hopefully a little more successful and maybe even with a pool. . .a girl can dream! But I've never been one to have a five year plan or anything. I always thought I'd be married by a certain age and kids not long after that, but none of it actually worked out the way I envisioned. Now, I'm a free-wheeling, fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl.
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
I've been told by several people that I look like Renee Zellweger with brown hair. I don't see it. In high school I was told I looked like Blossom (Mayiam Bialik) but I knew that was just because we both had long brown hair and I loved to wear hats. But, if I got to choose. . .I'd pick my favorite actress, Drew Barrymore. I just love her really fun personality and her zest for life.
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
This one has had me befuddled ever since I read this list as all I could come up with were places to travel. That's essentially still the case but here's my list
1- TRAVEL: specifically relax in Bora Bora, go to Europe (Paris, London, and Ireland are at the top of the list), and take a trip to New York (to see the Statue of Liberty and watch a show on Broadway)
2- Have a prosperous business
3- Have child(ren )
4- Write a book (I can't decide if I want to write the next classic novel or a fun children's book, but I better get started either way)
5- Live on the water (be it a river or the Gulf, I just want to be closer to some water.)
WOW. . .I better get busy!!
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
My creativity because it's simply a driving force in my life to be creative in my business, my home, and even what I wear sometimes.
9. Describe the best moment in your life.
Realizing that Pat was my soul mate, that I had found the person I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. Oddly enough, it wasn't that far into our relationship, just a few weeks.
10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
11. What or who inspires you to blog?
Other bloggers inspire me. I see their awesome posts and I think, "How can I contribute?"
12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
Only one!? I can't do that because it depends on what you're wanting to eat. For Bar-b-que go to Ben's, for seafood The Original Oyster House on the Causeway or Wintzell's (any location), for a little fancier fare try Ginny Lane's at the Wharf, and for some on the water dining go to Big Daddy's on Fish River. And if you're feeling a bit tourist-y, Lulu's is a great place to stop by.
13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
We eat gumbo with fresh Gulf seafood for Christmas dinner and I've almost got the recipe nailed. It's been passed down in my family for generations.
14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be?
My first instinct was my links on how to add social media buttons to your blog, but on review I also liked my Organizing tips post and my silly post with some items that made me smile that day.
15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow you!
You can use the handy-dandy buttons on the right sidebar, but here they are anyway
So now y'all know a little more about me. I hope I did this right.
I apologize for the lack of pictures as well. This took a ton more consideration than I thought and I ran out of time to do much more. Thanks so much for popping in!!