- Old Christmas cards*
- Blank cards or cardstock cut down to card size and scored for folding
- 1" circle punch
- Embellishments (optional)
1. Turn punch upside down and insert old Christmas card so you can choose the images you want on the card. Start on edge of card and work inward by tearing off used portions. Make sure to check inside and back of card for images that can also be used.
- Don't just use the obvious images, look for interesting color and pattern combinations. I particularly like the boarders used around most images.
2. Arrange the circles (without glue) onto the card blank/cardstock in the pattern you desire. I simply placed them in three rows and three columns.
3. Once you are satisfied with the pattern you have created, glue the dots into place.
- I found that I had to place something heavy on top of the card or the dots began to curl.
4. Once the dots are dry, embellish the card with stamps, glitter, gold or silver foil, paint pens, sequins, rhinestones, or whatever else you can find.
5. Add a greeting to the inside**, sign your name, and give to a friend.
*Can also use wrapping paper, decorative boxes, seasonal magazines and catalogs, gift bags, scrapbook paper scraps, etc.
**For your ease, here are a few greetings that you can use for your cards:
- At Christmas, play and make good cheer; for Christmas comes but once a year. - Thomas Tusser
- From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another; the warmth and joy of Christmas brings you closer to each other. - Emily Matthews.
- He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. - Roy L Smith
- Let the Spirit of Love gently fill out hearts and homes. In this loveliest of seasons, may you find many reasons for happiness.
- May Peace by your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through.
- May the blessings of Christmas be with you today and always.
- May you have the gift of faith, the blessing of hope, and the peace of His love at Christmas and always.
- Have a magical holiday season.
- Hope your holiday season is fun and festive.
- May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter.
- May the spirit of Christmas last the whole year.
- Bless you and yours this Christmas and always.
- Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Joyous New Year.
- Warmest wishes for a Happy Holiday.
- ***You can always check out the greetings in the cards you are recycling and use those too. ***