What a week it's been! I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit, but really, it's only been a couple of big tasks. Take a peek.
I worked a little more on it on Monday, but the majority of the day was spent with my mom to celebrate her birthday.
I busted my butt all day Tuesday to make up for missing out on my errands on Monday. And, there was more craft room sorting.
In the afternoon, Artemis had a vet appointment for more vaccines. She'll be going every two weeks to get all of them in since she had such a bad reaction to getting them all at once last time.
Later, I was feeling a little frantic about all I was trying to accomplish. However, I had a fabulous reminder to just stop and appreciate the beauty around me.
I should also mention (for my own record) that our other cat, Rosalina, had a rough week as she was acting weird: not eating, staring off into space, walking weird. It went on for only a day or two, and she had us plenty worried. But, she's back to herself now.
There was more paper-sorting on Wednesday.
On Thursday, I finished the craft room overhaul! I'll give you a little peek now, but I hope to have some better pictures and maybe even a quick tour for you later.
Once that was done, I could focus my attention on the next big undertaking: the 100 Day Project! I mentioned previously that it's starting early this year (TODAY, actually!) at the request of many. I didn't have a problem with the early start but did need to make a decision on what I wanted to do. Because I haven't gotten much jewelry made lately, I knew it needed to be focused in that direction. However, I didn't want anything that felt too strict either. After some thought and research, I decided on #100DaysofMakingJewelry for my project.
With a clean craft room and that decision finally made, I dove into a couple of projects. First, there was some earring-making. I'll share the results of that later. Then, I played in my art journal.
With a basket full of fresh eggs, I made a full breakfast that incorporated them along with some delicious CaraCara oranges.
While popping something in the mail, I had to stop in wonder at the handful of silly azaleas that are blooming a bit early.
- I'm taken with this project of artists creating working on vintage envelopes.
- Here's a discus earring tutorial from Moois Van Mie.
- The Beading Gem shared some Tips and Tricks for adding Colored Resin within Frames.
- Here are 16 Valentine's Day Embroidery Ideas. Maybe one day I'll actually do some embroidery!
- You should totally go check out these DIY Polymer Clay Crystals. They are too cool.
- I am absolutely, completely in love with this easy DIY Rainbow Butterfly Wreath from the amazing Jen of Epbot.
- How cute are these Wild Animals Interrupting Photographers?
- Make a Yarn Statement Necklace with this tutorial using plastic canvas.
- I'm over the moon for this simple tutorial on making an XOXO sign using junk stuff.
- My love of quilting and jewelry-making has me enthralled with this Quilted Jewelry Tutorial.
- Y'all! Check out these Embroidered Leaves. So neat!!
- I think this little Embroidered Heart Charm is just so sweet.
- Similarly, here's a list of 19 DIY Felt Valentine's Day Decorations.
- For a quick project (this might be good for my 100DayProject!), how about a 5 Minute DIY Scarf Twist Bracelet. Could be fun to try.
- Crafty Little Gnome has an Easy Origami Heart Tutorial if you want something sure quick and easy.
And now, I really need to get to that 100 Day Project - I don't want to miss it on the first day! I hope you have a week full of inspiration and creativity. Enjoy it!!
Good job with the craft room organization :) And good luck with the 100-day project - I'm still hesitant to try it because will hate myself for not doing it regularly, ha-ha! I enjoyed all the links , especially the curiosity of the wild animals and the quilted jewelry!ReplyDelete