It was another emotional week, but I definitely did what I could to make the most of it.
On Sunday, we met friends for a hike then spent the rest of the day being lazy.
Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday (observed) and what would have been my sister's 44th birthday. I went ahead and treated the day as a day off for the most part. After working on a few things, I convinced Pat that it would be nice to ride down to the beach for some salt air.
It was just what my soul needed.
Back at home, we found the kitties in fairly close proximity. This is the closest they've gotten to one another EVER!
On Wednesday, we spent almost the whole day working and watching the Inauguration.
I fit in some creative time, finishing up Bead Box 10!
On Friday, I stay focused on getting a whole litany of tasks done.
I fueled up big time Saturday morning with a hearty breakfast.
I worked on some jewelry-making tasks most of the day.
We met a couple of friends outside the local brewery for a few beers to finish out the week.
I feel like it was a fairly creative and inspired week. Here's some inspiration I saved for you.
- Lifehacker shares how Journaling is Much More than Keeping a Dairy.
- This tutorial on making Nail Polish Hearts keeps turning over in my head. At some point in the next few days, I'll likely try it out.
- I'm quite smitten with this "I Love Us" Embroidery Pattern from Flamingo Toes.
- Sadie Seasongoods shares how to make Felt Succulents in Thrifted Planters. Those are some plants I can keep green!
- You should see the Works of Art created from old trees by one Italian artist.
- Aaaand, here's another embroidery pattern. This time it's a Rainbow of Hope. (Perfect!)
- You know I love the jewelry tutorials from Moois Van Mie. She's shared a list of all her 2020 Jewelry Tutorials.
- Check out this art created entirely from scraps of denim fabric!
- If you didn't watch the Inauguration, you missed seeing Amanda Gorman read her poem "The Hill We Climb". I HIGHLY recommend watching this inspiring woman perform her poem.
- The surreal art of Ted Chin is mesmerizing. I'm in love with so many of these pictures.
- Here's a tutorial on making a Love sign from repurposed materials.
- Go check out these enchanting lightbox scenes! You won't be disappointed.
- How cute is this Valentine Heart String Art?
- These inexpensive and easy DIY Roller Stamps are a great way to add texture to your art.
- For those of you working to promote your art, here some ideas on How to Use Instagram to Take Control of Your Art Career.
- Sculpy apparently has a new granite clay. At Handmade Happy Hour, you can find 5 Jewelry Designs using Turquoise Granite Clay.
- I've never considered drawing on a leaf, but here are instructions for some Leaf Craft Ideas.
- This No-Sew Scarf caught my eye as a great idea for gifts next year. Now if I can only remember that I saved it!
That's it for my week. I hope you've found some joy and inspiration in yours. I'm off to (hopefully) clean my craft room and prepare for the week ahead. Here's hoping yours is fantastic!