Peek at My Week (Jan 3-9)
This week has definitely been one for the history books, hasn't it? I hope I remember some of the joy I felt this week and not just the terror. As such, let me give you a peek at my week to record it for myself.
Much of Sunday was spent in the craft room working on various projects. I took a break to enjoy a walk in the park with Pat and Zoe.
On Monday, I decided to postpone my usual errands and take care of other things at the house instead. Late in day, I was able to work on making.
Tuesday was a full day of just marking tasks off my list and taking Artemis to the vet. She wasn't very happy with me.
In the evening, as planned, I made an "experimental" dinner that combined about three different recipes. I had some ground beef and some couscous and wanted zucchini too.
So much of Thursday was spent distracting myself, though we did watch quite a bit of news. I finished these earrings that were a custom order for a friend.
As well, I also worked in my art journal some.
- From the New York Times, 2020 the year in pictures.
- At the Crafty Blog Stalker, you can find 20 Heart-shaped Crafts for Valentine's Day.
- These natural sculptures within vintage garments from artist Ron Issacs are pretty cool.
- On the Daisy Yellow blog, there's some information on Working Through Creative Blocks.
- A Little Mess is what Moois Van Me calls this DIY earring tutorial.
- Find 8 Polymer Clay Slab Earring Tutorials on Craft Gossip.
- My Friend, Tiffany of Southern Gals Designs, shared a video on 5 Tips on Finding Inspiration. I really love the way she looks at things.
- You can learn to make this Cranberry Bracelet on the Halcraft Collection Blog.
- I've long been following The Graphics Fairy for the free images, but you can also finds loads of mixed media inspiration. For one, here are a few Texture Paste Recipes.
- I'm sure I've seen some of these whimsical felted creatures before, but I can't resist sharing anything that might bring about some joy right now.
- Craft Gossip has this list of 17 DIY Dangle Earrings.
- In Aimee's video (above), she mentions "Enchanted Living Magazine". I checked out their website and found an article about how to create a more Elvish/Tolkeinesque home. Yeah, I'm going to have to get a copy of that magazine!