Peek at My Week (Nov 15-21)
My creativity has been kicking in this week, and I couldn't be more thankful for the distraction.
Back inside, I collected a few of the projects I had begun on Saturday.
Before the day got away from us, we met some friends for a hike at Blakely State Park. Along the way, I collected colorful leaves to create this super cool rainbow of fall foliage as inspired by Rachel on Instagram.
I also spent some time editing videos to share with you.
Each evening, I go out and close up the chicken coops. I couldn't help but stop and capture these sleepy cuties as they watched the twilight ease in.
On Thursday, I happily worked on sanding and altering my little tin pieces while watching YouTube videos most of the day.
But, I did have loads to do including running a few errands in the afternoon, and somehow I found myself in a thrift store. (I have no idea how that happened ;) Ha!)
I spent most of Saturday morning playing with paper techniques I had seen on the videos I watched through the week.
From there, I went in another papercrafting direction.
- Moois Van Me had a couple of earring tutorials that caught my eye. First, these Balance earrings have such a neat design that I'm sure has some great movement. Secondly, the Ava Pearl earrings have a similar wire idea to them, but done quite differently. You'll have to go take a look to see what I mean.
- My Modern Met has a list of 10 Art Books that will Nourish Your Creative Soul this Month. I always love hearing about inspiring reads!
- Though it's not quite Thanksgving yet, I'm really enjoying seeing some of the DIY ornaments out there. This Vintage Butterfly Ornament is no exception.
- Julie Fei-Fan Balzer has released her #CarveDecember prompt list if you're interested in jumping on the handcarved stamp bandwagon. And, you don't HAVE to use her prompts or even carve everyday. But, it's a fun challenge all in all.
- Nunn Designs has a tutorial on How to Turn Your Images into Beautiful Resin Jewelry. I'm thinking those could be great gifts!
- I just have to share this Freddie Mercury Marionette for its pure awesomeness.
- Here's another of the videos that I binged this week: Quick and Easy Leather Journal Tutorial.
- The Graphic Fairy always shares a ton of fabulous printable images. Here are 50+ Best Blank Labels (Vintage).