Peek at My Week (Aug 30-Sep 5)
To start with, I didn't get any pictures on Sunday. I did a few chores done and got ready for an afternoon in the pool. I cut my thumb while slicing onions for burgers and have muddled through with that all week. But, on Monday, I was up early and out for a walk.
It's been my habit to look for any beauty I can find in these walks as that and the podcast I listen to keep me entertained. Of late, my subjects have mostly been mushrooms and sunlight.
As for the rest of the day, I'm not sure where most of it went - only some of my chores were accomplished.
I did pull out my InkJoy* pens to get started on planning out my September.
But, even that didn't get done until the next day.
Tuesday started off beautifully!
This is just one of several photos I captured that day in the misty morning light.
From there, I felt like I was running all day long. The morning was consumed with my grocery errands. Then, in the afternoon, I focused on business tasks like updating the booth at Southern Antiques and Accents.
I also ran to the coffee shop to upload a few videos that afternoon.
Wednesday was more productive as I was actually able to work on some jewelry and in one of my art journals.
Though I didn't spot anything new on my morning walk, there was this amazing mushroom in my yard in the afternoon.
And, even with all that, I was able to tackle some of my less-than-fun tasks like making bases for jewelry backers and sorting through my old stock of jewelry.
Thursday was another fairly misty morning and I overloaded on taking photos. However, surprisingly, this is the only one I shared.
It's surprising because I'm no fan of spiders. Yet, there I was: on the side of the road, wading through knee-high weeds, to capture this dew-covered web. It was a definite act of bravery! Maybe that's why I had to share it.
I also made a new friend on my walk.
This little grasshopper was just sitting on that leaf. And, he stayed there through the whole picking-up, photoshoot, and being put-back-down process. He was a trooper!
The chaos of my craft room and desk has been making me a little crazy, so I spent much of the afternoon trying to right that. I got the desk and a couple of shelves managed but became frustrated with my storage options and had to stop. To free up some space, I decided to store my Distress Oxides and Inks on their sides. So I started creating labels for them.
I hope it will make it easier to find what I want now.
Friday was full of hustle. I knocked out my heavy household cleaning in the morning then snapped a few art journal shots on the deck around noon.
I got the pictures I needed, but I don't know what I was thinking trying to get pictures in the middle and heat of the day in summer. Dur! But, I needed them so that I could upload a couple more videos before taking some pictures for my sister-in-law's band.
On Saturday, I skipped the morning walk so that I could take care of other tasks. I found myself really drawn to knocking out as many creative tasks as I could fit in the day.
I started with rust-dying and avocado-dying. The above is my rust-dye. (The avocado dye didn't work out. I'll try again another time.)
I worked on finishing up several jewelry projects.
I threw fabrics and papers that didn't work in the rust or avocado dyes into a coffee bath. It was a full Saturday!
It's been really great finding my creative mojo once again. For next week, I hope that I can get my craft room tackled and keep the creativity flowing. Here's some inspiration for your week ahead.
- This DIY Ombre Lace Jewelry was included in another jewelry-making roundup I shared the other week. But, I just needed to make sure you saw this tutorial because the results are so pretty!
- Rena at Jewelry Making Journal shared her Hoops and Chains Earring tutorial.
- I've been sharing so much embroidery lately, but here's more...These 3D Embroidered Designs are stunning.
- I love most anything with a fantasy and whimsical element to them. So, this collection of Black Women in Ethereal Portraits had me making goo-goo eyes at the screen.
- Y'all...I love the imspiration from My Modern Met. Here's one last one before we move on. These paper-quilled works are A-MAZING!
- I would happily take any one of these Derpy Animal Scultures. They are too cute. I espcially love the chameleon though. Just sayin'.
- For something cute and fun, here's a roundup of 10 Pom Pom Jewelry Tutorials.
- This post is from several years ago, but it's still a great resource: Harry Potter Cross Stitch and Embroidery Patterns.
- And, since it's just a tiny bit starting to feel like Fall, here the first of what's likely to be many pumpkin-themed crafts: Upcycled Sweater Sleever Pumpkins.
What creative endeavors do you have planned this week?
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.