Peek at My Week (Aug 16-22)
I did everything in my power to eke as much out of this week as possible. Take a peek.
Sunday included some general chores before Pat I knocked out a bit of yard work. We rewarded ourselves in the afternoon with pool time and a grilled dinner.
I began Monday with high hopes.
After my morning walk, I enjoyed planning out the day and week ahead.
Once I was also able to plan out our meals for the week, I headed out to run my errands - first stopping by Southern Antiques and Accents to hang some sale signs.
This sale will be active through the end of the month, so you've got another week to take advantage of the savings. In the afternoon, I tried to knock out a few creative endeavors, but quickly realized that I lacked focus and inspiration causing me to quickly become frustrated.
Tuesday was a bit better. I headed out for my walk early and was able to see the sunrise.
That set a beautiful precedent for the day ahead.
I did try to work on some jewelry projects.
However, I didn't get very far.
I did try to pep myself up with a coffee break after lunch.
No worries about my safety, I had my mask on the whole time and really just used the break to upload some videos before bringing the coffee home to enjoy. (One was for Pat)
Wednesday's walk wasn't quite as inspiring as the previous day. But, I did spy these enormous mushrooms coming off the side of an oak tree.
It's really hard to share the scale of them, but trust me - they are huge!
I buckled down and knocked out a few creative projects also.
You'll get to see the results of this one in a few days!
We awoke to rain on Thursday, so there was no morning walk for me. I did some exercises in the house but also made sure to walk the property with Zoe a little later in the afternoon when it had dried out. Zoe was impatient with me as I kept stopping to admire the Beauty Berries.
After that, I was able to finish the rest of my earring sets.
I've actually already sold a couple of these pairs just off this picture.
And, I started a new project that I'm really enjoying.
I'll give you more details about it toward the end of the week (fingers crossed that it works out!), but there's a peek of its progress below.
Friday was chock full of chores including a bath for Zoe.
Saturday was a mixed bag. As I got water for the chickens in the morning, I spied this beauty.
It may be the last of the gardenias. However, just as soon as I think I saw the last one, another one blooms. I don't mind these beautiful surprises at all.
I busied myself with various tasks in the morning, including this new embroidery project.
In the afternoon and evening, we enjoyed the pool and grill.
It was a really lovely week.
Throughout the week, I continued with the Five Minute project from Southern Gals Designs.
I don't know how that blue-green color keeps ending up in each of the cards. Maybe I'll try to steer away from it for today's card - we'll see.
Now for some inspiration for you:
- I love this idea for Making an Adjustable Sliding Bracelet from Jewelry Making Journal.
- Craft Gossip shared a roundup of DIY Polymer Clay Jewelry Projects.
- This DIY Tila Bead Bracelet tutorial from Honestly WTF makes me want to run out and buy some tila beads (I don't have any!)
- I don't know what has me drawn to this so much, but don't we all need to know How to Make a Giant Paper Rose?
- Mylene at Mill Lane Studio shared How to Finish Resin Jewelry.
- If you saw my last post, you know I've been on a tassel kick. So, this tutorial on How to Make Natural Wood Bead and Tassel Earrings totally caught my attention.
- I know I just shared the adjustable bracelet tutorial from Jewelry Making Journal, but here's an Adjustable Wire Bracelet Tutorial from there too!
- What inspiration round-up from me would be complete without a little embroidery eye-candy? These embroidered landscapes are really beautiful.
- I absolutely adore this DIY from Pillar Box Blue on Making a Cute Fabric Mushroom Display. There are even free printables of the mushroom images for you. How awesome is that?
- Finally, this video on How to Make a Cloud Lamp makes it look easy enough. And, the results are so very cool.