Peek at My Week (Nov. 17-23)
This whole week, I felt like I was wading against the tide. It began beautifully enough with some puppy love.
But, I spent the rest of Sunday fairly lazily.
I guess I was resting up since I woke Monday with inspiration. It took me some time to get there since I needed to get the grocery shopping and a few other tasks first, but then it was playtime.
Something had me wanting to wrap rhinestones, encase them in a little bit of tin. It took more work than I thought, but I made it work! From there, I wanted to see if I could create a small box. And, I did! But, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them, so they've been pushed aside for now.
From there, I spent much of Tuesday tackling my bag of jewelry that needed to be disassembled.
I did take a break from taking it all apart to explore the woods. And, I stumbled on this old shovelhead buried behind an old shed.
I was up before the sun on Wednesday and was fortunate enough to get to watch a couple of owls in trees near the house just before the sun came up.
I needed those moments of peace.
The rest of that day and into Thursday kept me busy sitting.
My grandmother had three appointments in that span of two days. And, there was a load of waiting around. It was frustrating. But, at least she's as healthy as she is!
Friday was house cleaning and more jewelry destruction. But, my main task was getting up to the coffee shop to upload several videos. Back at home, I couldn't help but stop to admire the color change in my Japanese Maple.
Today, it was even more vibrant, and you can bet I'll be sharing that with you next week.
On Saturday, I shared one of the uploaded videos. In this one, I answered 10 Crafty Questions while working on a few projects and there's a GIVEAWAY as part of it.
If you're interested in learning more about me, definitely watch the video!
I spent much of Saturday at my mom's house watching football and visiting with a cousin from out-of-town. Then, I binged on Downton Abbey at home while Pat played a gig. Another lazy day - oops.
I'm already running behind, so let's get to this week's inspiration:
- Check out some of these amazing drawings from Mark Powell. All he uses are a ballpoint pen and old papers to create these wonderful works of art. It's another reminder to use the tools you have, whatever they may be. Echoing that sentiment is this post from Balzer Designs to Make Art Because You Can.
- Thanksgiving is this week, and if you're still working on projects before the big day, here are a few Turkey images at the Graphics Fairy.
- This Rustic Copper Washer and Leather Bracelet Tutorial at Jewelry Making Journal is so simple but also so versatile. I can see if being perfect for both males and females.
- Once Thanksgiving is settled away, it will be time to focus on the big show: Christmas and the rest of the holidays. Here's a cute tutorial on making a Map Christmas Ornament using a thread spool.
- For a giggle, you NEED to see these Winners of the 2019 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards.
- And, this Mural of Bookcase by a Dutch Artist also makes me smile. He personalized the bookshelf with the resident's favorite books.
We have a bit of a holiday week ahead of us, though my work never ends. So, I'm looking forward to a little downtime and fun this week. I hope you find some yourself!