Peek at My Week: December 15-22
Christmas ate my week. Seriously, y'all. This whole week has been a flurry of just getting things done and ready to ceclebrate.
We started the week on Sunday with a glorious walk with Zoe in a nearby nature preserve.
Despite the path in the picture above, we went off-road and took one of the nature trails. And nature we saw!
This Pignut Hickory mesmerized us for several full minutes.
Along the secluded trail, a tree had fallen and the moss and mushrooms that covered what remained gave the whole little glen a magical feel. I was taken with it!
I couldn't stop taking pictures!
Can't you see the fairies living there?
We had a puppy anxious to continue the walk, so I had to let the fairies be.
The rest of the week was a blur. I did get my Carve December contributions done each day.
It rained much of the week, so there were loads of puppy snuggles for a poor dog who just wanted to go outside and run.
You can see her teenagery angst! I had to add the headphones to complete the look.
Oh, and super exciting - the deck's coming along well. We got post toppers for the finished rails.
They're solar lights! Isn't that cool?
The rest of the week felt like it was just shopping, cleaning, wrapping, and prepping for the holiday. We did have dinner out with friends one night, but I didn't get a picture
How about some inspiration?
- This Jewelry made from Recycled Computer Circuit Boards by Recomputing is pretty awesome.
- These Winners and Honorable Mentions from the National Geographic Photography Contest are phenomenal.
- My jewelry friend, Divya from Jewels of Sayuri, shared her Resin Arrowhead Necklace Tutorial. I really dig how much she did in a single bezel.
- I haven't used plastic canvas in ages, but this DIY Yarn and Plastic Canvas Statement Necklace makes me re-think the stuff!
- If you know the show Fixer Upper, you know Joanna Gaines and her amazing style. While you're finishing up wrapping that last few gifts, how about a tip from her on How to Make Tassel Gift Toppers?
- Sadie Seasongoods is another gal with some great ideas, save this one for later: 30 Upcycled Christmas Home Decor Projects.
- Oh, these Looplicity Brick Stitch Earrings are lovely! And, even though they're a seed bead project, I might even be able to make them!
- GO and see this art from James Brunt in which he organizes Leaves and Rocks into Patterns. It's soothingly beautiful.
- These Handmade Quilted Ornaments made from felt and fabric are just too cute!
- Here's another bit of art that you should see: 50 Crochet Artists Collaborated in these Giant Sea Urchin Installations. They're stunning!!
- This simple earring tutorial from Moois Van Me is lovely.
And now it's Christmas Eve! If you celebrate the holiday, I hope it's a joyous one.
I've got a crazy busy week ahead full of family gatherings and friendly celebrations. I do hope I can eke in some art and creativity, and I hope you can too!