First, if you're looking for my Bead Soup reveal, there's a link to it just up there /\ below my banner. . .see it on the left? Next to the Home button? There ya go! I thought that might be the easiest way to keep it available.
|Fruit at the local Farmer's Market|
I don't think I've outright mentioned that Pat and I are doing this whole healthy diet thing. He's the researcher for these things, I'm just the planner. I didn't post my menu for this week because it took me a little longer to get in the mindset and since we were preparing for Issac, I wasn't sure if we would actually get to eat the meals I planned. By Tuesday afternoon we weren't in the direct path of the storm and I had it worked out. Here are the basics of what we're doing (I think).
- We're cutting back on our animal product intake. I cannot go full vegetarian or vegan. . .I like cheese, bacon, and butter a little too much. (Probably how we got in the shape we're in to start with.)
- As well, he says we want to eat as much 'whole' foods as possible. Basically, we want as little processing to go into our foods. So, fresh over frozen or canned. No problem. . .I think fresh tastes better anyway.
- The processed bread/cracker/pasta items we DO eat need to say 'whole' in the first few ingredients. . .or something like that.
- We've also continued to juice for at least one meal a day (breakfast or lunch work best for me).
- Oh. . .and there's something about cutting back our sugar intake. Whatever.
- We had planned on trying to be more active, but have gotten cooped up inside because of the storm. Now that it's passed, we hope to work on that a little more.
Since I'm going with randomness as today's theme, this seems a fitting time for a
- This is a little late, but Michelle Mach has a list of Beading & Jewelry Making contests for Summer/Fall 2012. Shoot. . .some of the links she has go into 2013. What a helpful gal she is!
- GIVEAWAY: Anne Gardanne of Gardanne Beads is having a giveaway of two sets of her beautiful wares. Check out the rules and how to enter on her blog.
Just one of the yummy sets available to win
- If you still haven't seen Lesley Watt's (The Gossiping Goddess) cool tutorial for these little bracelets you must have been hiding under a bush. Welcome back to the world and check out this fun bracelet tutorial now!
- Social Media is a topic close to my heart. I plan on writing up a post at some point on how I determine if I will follow you on Twitter. In the meantime, this post from ProBlogger on the 10 Rules of Social Media Engagement is a really great overview on how best to use social media.
Now let me share just a little shop news and I'll be out of your hair for at least the rest of today.
Some of my Shabby Beads were featured in this brightly hued treasury.
|Hot Pink and Blue Treasury|
I just have to mention how excited I am that the College football season has started up. I'll be rooting for the Alabama Crimson Tide tomorrow night and I cannot wait!! Roll Tide!
With the sun FINALLY out after the storm, I'm hoping to soak it up and get my creative juices flowing again. . .and get my butt OUT of this computer chair. What are you hoping to accomplish this weekend?
Congrats to both of you. Sounds like such a great thing to do together. I can't wait to hear how it all goes!ReplyDelete
Glad to hear that you and Pat are doing healthier diet. wish you both success in this endevor.
Love the jewelry, but I guess you already knew I was going to say that. Rrrroooolllllll TIDE Roll!
Good for you on the healthier diet -- and I'm with you on loving butter/bacon/cheese part...ReplyDelete
And ROLL TIDE!!! (Jumping around the house while we cheer for the game will be my exercise this weekend!)
Yikes! I can't imagine going on that kind of a diet. I'm SURE we should, but I am just not organized enough to do anything that drastic. I'd like to be able to, though...ReplyDelete
Love that bright eclectic necklace, and thank you for sharing the links!
I am letting you know that you won a set of my polymer butterflies! Please contact me with your email address- Mine is firstname.lastname@example.org
Becca- It hasn't been too bad. . .though I have cheated a few times with a bit too much sugar. . .and some bacon I needed to cook. Thank you for the sweet words on the necklace and the encouragement. I'm so excited about the butterflies and have sent you a message. YAY! :)ReplyDelete