March Goal Review
Since March has some to a close, it's about that time that I quickly review my goals for the year. Again, I'm using some of my instagram photos from the month throughout this post. If you're interested in my January or February goal reviews, just click over to those links.
- Exercise We really did do quite a bit this month, lots of walks with some bike rides. And, while I was on vacation last week I kayaked and/or rode a bike EVERY DAY. Now, to keep the momentum going.
- Eat right/better This was okay. We ate out or with friends more than I had planned. And, I had some moments of weakness with Easter candy (thank goodness it's on Sunday and all that stuff will be disappearing!)
- Read more books/watch less TV I did pretty good on this goal. As far as books, I finished reading ALL of the Walking Dead Stuff including The Rise of the Governor and am still working on Inheritance. My tv watching has been limited as well. Yay.
- Make a real effort to keep the house clean Ehhhh, it was clean enough. We didn't live in filth, but there were days that I just wasn't feeling it. I will try not to make a habit of this!
- Discover new music Thanks to Erin's Challenge of Music blog hop this month, I was exposed to some music I've never heard before. Unfortunately, my speakers weren't completely cooperative during this hop. As such, the only real new music that I explored this month was Erin's pick of Sara Bareilles. I'll keep chugging away on this one though.
- Grow some plants inside and out You would think that with it being Spring, we would have taken some action on this one by now. However, the most we've done for getting some plants is TALK about what veggies/herbs we want. Le sigh.
- Make my visions of my dream house and this house
co-exist Like above, we've TALKED about the changes we want to make around the house, but not much more than that. However, as I'm writing this Pat is measuring the floors in the house to figure out how much new flooring would cost!! Maybe we'll make a move in that direction soon.
- Declutter/organize at least one drawer/cabinet/area a week I did get two drawers in my desk de-cluttered, but that's not really much to boast about.
- Have a yard sale Again, we've done nothing but discussed this goal.
- Take better care of my face and skin I promised last month that I would do better on this. Yet, I only slightly improved. I think I only had one break-out, but still that's more than any person my age should be having. Will strive harder.
- Go to the doctor/dentist NOPE
- Make a real effort with my blog I think I did pretty good with this, I even got a couple of blog posts out while I was on vacation (as crazy as they were).
- Include more tutorials on the blog One tutorial would be MORE! My Hunger Games Necklace tutorial was short and sweet, but a tutorial in any case. Yet, I didn't let myself count one as more last month, so I guess I can't do it this month either (darn).
- Keep the craft room more organized I did do SOME organizing in the craft room over the month, but I'm not feeling good about it yet.
- Discover my passion I recognize that I enjoy re-purposing items, using found items, and working with wire but I don't think I've found my PASSION yet.
- Get published Geez. . .this is bad. I did nothing for this goal this month. Nothing.
- Create something everyday While I haven't gotten something made EVERY day, I have made more of an effort to keep supplies with me that would help me work on something. Better, for sure.
- Explore other venue options for selling my jewelry This is a tough one for me. I have begun thinking about craft fairs and what I would like my display to look like, but that's all conceptual and no steps have really been taken yet.
- Find a way to use what I have instead of buying more. I need less more in my life! This goal was a total balancing act all month. While I did find ways to re-use what I have, I did splurge a bit getting items for the Suor Angelica fundraising. As well, I bought some items online when the sales were good!
- Figure out where my time is wasted and put an end to it I recognize I waste quite a bit of time playing games on my phone or iPad. Draw Something has become my latest obsession and I spend entirely TOO MUCH time on it. However, since I recognize this, it is a first step to squashing that wasted time.
- Find some confidence and exert it I did okay with this. I'm pretty proud of myself for submitting my Hunger Games Necklace tutorial to a few sites, but that's not exactly what I had in mind. Needs work.
- Think outside of the box I think I did pretty good on this, mind you. . not great. I used some leftover craft supplies to make some earrings and made the Hunger Games necklace (yes, that again) on the spur of the moment. These are definitely a move in the right direction.
- Be Grateful I recognized my need to be grateful all month, but really just forgot to express it. Sometimes it's hard to put that much emotion into words.
Again, I'm seeing an improvement. I'm not sure if I'm just too lenient on myself or if it's really there. I know that I'm trying to be more conscious of these goals daily. In fact, I'm trying to keep up with them so much that I created a spreadsheet. It's definitely helping me remember some of the details as well as all of the goals.
I know this was boring, I apologize. I just need to keep myself accountable and these monthly goal reviews really are helping. Thank you for your patience!