Starting today, all new items listed in my shop will include a Haiku as part of its description.
- It's a little something that will set my shop apart from others
- I do love words
- I used to write poetry on a fairly consistent basis and miss that outlet
- This will help me stretch my creative muscles beyond simply making jewelry
- Each haiku will serve as a basis for the title of the piece (since I always have a hard time with those)
- The poems will give buyers get a little insight into how I think each jewelry piece 'feels'
I also plan on including a copy of the poem with each piece sold (at least the ones that have one written.)
The first Haiku piece(s) should be listed this afternoon, so please keep your eyes peeled. (That is, if all goes well and quickly at the doctor's office this morning.)
In the meantime, let me share other happenings at Etsy.
1. My White Trash JUNK Necklace was included in this cute treasury
|Trashy and Classy|
|After a Spring Rain Bracelet|
|Peach Beach Necklace|
I know I'm probably going off the deep end with this Haiku idea, but it was just one of those things that came to me in a flash and I thought I'd try to pursue. . . at least for a little while. We'll see how it goes. I can always change things up if I need to!! Oh, and I am a little afraid of becoming known as HaikuHope because of this. Let's not let that happen okay!
Thoughts? Comments? Loads of giggles at the silly girl? I'd like to hear it!
Anything is worth a try, I think you should go for it!
I love the conceptReplyDelete
of poetry describing
jewelry you create.
Heidi- You've got me giggling my butt off!! Thanks for the support! :D
Good luck with the new approach, I really hope it will work out for you, darling. It's definitely worth a try, Hope.ReplyDelete
Bibi, Thanks. I just hope it help those creative sparks fly a bit more!ReplyDelete