Another month has ended and a new one begun. As such, it's time for me to review my goals. All pictures are ones I have taken over the month and shared via Instagram.
|Sunshine on Fish River
- Exercise (basically, just be more active) We just didn't seem to do as well on this as we have previously. We weren't very active during the weekdays, though I did determine that grocery shopping can burn quite a few calories. We did play some disc golf, walk a few parks, and have a single bike ride all month but definitely need some improvement.
- Eat right/better We've actually done okay on this one. My menu planning does help, but every once in a while we just lose it. We definitely need to cut down on the sweets.
- Read more books/watch less TV (I'd like to read at least two books a month, however that all depends on the length of the book) I've really slacked with my book reading this month. I wish I could get more invested in Inheritance, but I'm struggling. I did buy Jenny Lawson's (The Bloggess) new book, "Let's Pretend this Never Happened (a Mostly True Memoir)" and am itching to get it started. As far as TV watching, we really only watch in the evening after dinner. So, there's not much change in that.
- Make a real effort to keep the house clean. I've followed my cleaning schedule a little closer this month, but I don't believe the house is any cleaner than usual. I definitely think I can get better so there's room for some improvement.
- Discover new music. I've thought about this goal a few times and have listened to a few new-er bands and songs for me, but have not invested any real effort or time on this goal. I totally need to work more consciously on it.
- Grow some plants
inside and out. Please note that this is the ONLY goal I'm deeming as MET this month. While the nieces were here for Spring Break, we gave some plants a new home on our front porch. Now, to just work on some inside plants!
- Make my visions of my dream house and this house co-exist (basically, start decorating this house the way I envision my dream house being decorated.) The plants on the front porch help me some for this goal. As well, Pat and I have continued to talk about flooring and some other decorating issues. Yet, that's it. We're getting there I think, just at a snail's pace.
- Declutter/organize at least one drawer/cabinet/area a week. Though I haven't done this on a weekly basis as I had intended, I have done it about half the time. I'm pretty happy with my progress and just hope I can continue on this trend.
- Have a yard sale (possibly organize a neighborhood one) As I've done NOTHING to plan one for this spring and it's already warming up, I think this goal will have to wait until the Fall. Dangit.
- Take better care of my face and skin I've really not done well on this at all over the month.
- Go to the doctor/dentist Just haven't done it yet.
|Oranges with lunch
|A magical-looking spot on Fish River
|Crawfish (one of the two parties this month)
- Make a real effort with my blog. There's definitely a trend toward improvement this month, it's just not there yet.
- Include more tutorials on the blog. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to make a tutorial. I did download an app for my phone called Snapguide that's supposed to help with making tutorials. Hopefully I'll try it out soon.
- Keep the craft
room more organized. I won't say that the room's been MORE organized, but I haven't let it get too out of control over the month.
- Discover my passion. I'm starting to recognize that I'm more conscious about what I enjoy making and materials I'm drawn to. So, I don't think this goal is a complete fail this month.
- Get published. I've made more progress on this goal in this one month than any other. A Facebook jewelry friend let a group of us know that an editor was looking for some additional submissions for the Fall issue of a magazine. I submitted a design. She liked it but wanted to see one change. I made the change, but haven't heard back from her yet. We'll see. Taking that first step is always the hardest. Maybe it was just the leap I needed.
- Create something everyday I really didn't focus on this goal at all over the month like I did at the beginning of the year. I definitely need to get back into that habit. I went DAYS without ever going into the craft room. That was not good.
- Explore other venue options for selling my jewelry (in the community)While I've not made any concrete decisions on this or actual steps toward it, I feel as though I'm getting closer than I've ever been in regards to this goal. I've talked with a friend who is selling in the community, figured out how to find local craft fairs, and contemplated what kind of displays/booth I want. It's not much, but it's still so much more than where I was.
- Find a way to use what I have instead of buying more. I need less more in my life! I did okay on this over the month. There were a few weak moments, but overall not too bad in the spending department.
|Paints organized in Roy G. Biv order
- Figure out where my time is wasted and put an end to it. I'm continually aware that much of my time-wasters are games on the iPad. Yet, I lack the willpower to stop playing them. In general though, I don't feel like I've wasted as much time as previously.
- Find some confidence and exert it. I know I'm not doing well on this one. I continue to be a wallflower in most situations.
- Think outside of the box. I have done this somewhat with a few projects. As well, since Pat has the 3D printer built, I'm thinking hard about how I can use that to my benefit. It's something.
- Be Grateful/Thankful. I've done a lot of thinking on this one, but have yet to express it as well as I was hoping.
|Buttons being printed on the 3D printer
|Sunset while pontoon boat trailer getting fixed
Overall, I haven't had as many successes as I would like, but my failures are not near as big. I'm getting there I think!
Here's a tasty bit for your patience with this post; a new necklace in the shop.
|Chocolate Frosting Necklace
Did you set goals/resolutions for the year? How are you doing on them so far?