February has come to a close. Though it's the shortest month of the year, it really seemed much longer. I think taking a photo each day really does help preserve the month in a sense. Fat Mum Slim announced the March Photo-a-day
lineup a little while back.
Now to figure out how to shoot 'up' for today. Hmmmm.
Anyway, since it is the start to a new month, I'd like to review my 2012 goals
again. FIRST, I know I upset some people with my use of the word FAIL to review these goals in January
. When I said that, I just meant that I did not accomplish the goal and needed to do some work on it. Instead of fail, I'll simply say 'needs work'. . .okay?
Let's get to it! OH. . .and as before, I'm tossing in some of my Instagram pictures from over the month to break up the monotony.
|Disc Golf Basket|
- Exercise Ehhhh. . .I haven't been keeping up with this as regularly as I'd hoped. Pat and I really make an effort to do something active every weekend: hike, bike, disc golf. We've taken a few walks in the evening and I got up and exercised a very few mornings, but that's about it. Definitely got to find my groove for this one.
- Eat right/better YES! We've been doing much better here. I've noticed our intake of butter and cheese is drastically reduced. We still snack, but have been purchasing those from the health food store. Granted, we have had some slip-ups since we were out of town a few days this month and had to eat out, but we took healthy snacks with us and tried to make healthy choices ast the restaurants. It's pretty impressive actually.
- Read more books/watch less TV I FINALLY finished the last Game of Thrones book, A Dance with Dragons and have started on Inheritance (of course, another LONG book) as well as the Walking Dead series of graphic novels. I'm doing okay on my goal of less TV, but sometimes it's just ON. sigh.
|Under the sink looks real nice right now!|
- Make a real effort to keep the house clean Well, like the exercise goal, this one is on again off again. I do most of the basic cleaning throughout the week. Toilets, laundry, dishes, litterbox. . .none of that piles up on me, but the clutter. Oh-emm-gee the CLUTTER. It's like it comes in the night and sneaks onto surfaces. I'm working on it though.
- Discover new music Toward the end of the month I remembered this goal and tried to listen to something new but just ended up with more Mumford and Sons and some OkGo. Definitely needs work.
- Grow some plants inside and out Needs work. We've done nothing on this one. Pat and I started talking about some veggie gardening the other day and I totally want some herbs, so I believe that will be a step we make maybe, hopefully this weekend.
- Make my visions of my dream house and this house
co-exist Only a few steps were taken on this front. First the aquarium is now running again and there are fish in it (hurray!). I've done some shopping for some ideas I have, and we've talked about a few of the things we want to get done around the house. I know this isn't a total success, but it's something.
- Declutter/organize at least one drawer/cabinet/area a
week. Needs work. I did get an area or two tackled, but nothing like I was hoping for.
- Have a yard sale (possibly organize a neighborhood one) Needs LOTS OF WORK! Nothing done at all.
- Take better care of my face and skin. oh boy! Does shopping for facial cleansers count? Because, really it's been a bad month for my skin. I'll try more this month, promise.
- Go to the doctor/dentist Needs work, that's all I'll say.
|Raspberry Parfait for breakfast (pureed raspberries, yougurt, and granola. . .layered)|
- Make a real effort with my blog This month has definitely been more successful on the blogging front than last month. I just want to maintain that forward momentum.
- Include more tutorials on the blog. If 'more' is one tutorial, than YAY!! Success!! However, that's not exactly what I was aiming for. Will continue to strive on this.
|Just SOME of my button collection|
- Keep the craft room more organized. Bahahahahahahaaa!! I'll leave it at that.
- Discover my passion I've done more playing with the tools I received for Christmas and loads more thinking, but I'm just not there yet.
|My 'travel floss' box. I love me some ROY G BIV|
- Get published (if not published then at least submit to
a few publications) Still have not submitted. This definitely needs work. I actually got a piece made yesterday that I think I want to submit. Of course, now I need to decide on WHICH magazine and look over their submission guidelines. This is probably not the best way to go about this.
- Create something everyday EVERYday has been tough. I've been trying to catch up on picture-taking, photo editing, and description writing so the creation parts have fallen to the wayside.
- Explore other venue options for selling my jewelry (in
the community) Needs work. I'm just a chicken. It's time to get my feelers out there. It really is.
- Find a way to use what I have instead of buying more. I
need less more in my life! Again, I've done okay on this. I did do some shopping at bead stores while we traveled, but overall I've been pretty good about keeping the shopping to a minimum. Using what I have. . .I guess I have.
While there's still plenty of work that needs to be done, I think I've done better this month than last (there's less red on this month's list!)
- Figure out where my time is wasted and put an end to it. I feel like I have been using my time better, but I still feel like so much has gone unaccomplished. This has mostly been toward the end of this month though.
|Our view from the condo this month.|
- Find some confidence and exert it. This is still not going well. Like I said above about finding new venues, I'm a chicken. Needs work!!
- Think outside of the box. Since I've been using my sketchbook more to just jot down ideas as they come to me, I've been thinking outside the box a little more since I have had to figure out how to make those ideas WORK. It's not a success complete, but it's been better.
- Be Grateful. I was hoping to make regular posts about what I'm gratful for each week, but that's just not happened. Needs Work.
Sooooo GO ME!!
Lastly, here's a new item and a re-listed item from the shop today.
Now I'm going to give those goals the 'ol college try' for March! Wish me luck!! :)
Yea Hope way to go! We all had to crawl before we walked. So just keep on keeping on and those goals will be met!ReplyDelete
I can relate to these goals and also the number of them. I have had some of the same ones off and on and I am sure will have them in the future. Life is a journey for sure. Best of luck to you!ReplyDelete
you are kicking butt! i am really impressed with how serious you are about your goals. i could learn from you, Hope. You really are inspiring :-)ReplyDelete
a long time ago, my husband and i kept a gratitude journal. some days we were really scraping the bottom for things to be grateful for. other days we couldn't wait to write. you reminded me how much i miss that ritual.
Cool 'Bumble Queen' errings!ReplyDelete