On Friday, LOML* and I met some friends in Pensacola for a Beer Festival and then dinner. The festival was okay. There were WAY too many people in too small a place for my taste. And taste we did - LOTS and LOTS of beers. There was only one I tried that I didn't like, but I only asked for ones I thought I'd like - fruity, chocolaty, ales, porters, and wheats. I am a big fan of the fruity wheat beers. Those are my favorites by far. However, I didn't find a whole ton of these and got tanked on the others. I even got to try a Blackberry Champagne. It was a little too sweet, but pretty good. I knocked several people in the back, arm, and beer glasses with my very pointy elbows by accident and spent a lot of the evening apologzing for this. Again, it was way too crowded.
The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur, not because I was in a drunken stupor or anything, but because I was in a crafting stupor. Yes, I spent the majority of my weekend CRAFTING. I did get some shopping done - I HAD to use that 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby of course. But then, I broke out the paint, glue, glitter, shrink plastic, and everything else that got my hands all sticky and colorful. It was pure bliss. Basically, I made a ton of pendants and worked on sealing and backing some shrink plastic ones. The next step is to string everything. Of course, once they're all completed, what do I do with them? That's one of those questions I've been pondering for years.
On Monday LOML* and I took the day off as his best friend is in town and wanted to spend a day at the beach. We started fairly early and stayed late. I didn't bother with sunscreen until it was too late and now I have a very red face. Dang pure, white sand that reflects the sun back onto your face whether you're in the shade or not!! I WAS in the shade for most of the day. Overall, it was a great time.
Getting back to work yesterday was hard. I had some catching up to do and then my Mardi Gras Society meeting. I hope you can tell why I haven't been present for a week. I've been having too much fun. Not that blogging isn't fun, I just have been pre-occupied with other activities is all. I hope to make it up, but we'll see.
And now for your regularly scheduled "Wild, Wild Web Wednesday"
- Need to remember to do certain tasks? Well, get hassled will send you semi-unpredictable reminders. You'll be nagged and prodded to go to the gym, call your mother, clean the toilet, or whatever other reminder you need.
- Check out what the Goonies look like now
- What if the Muppets made parodies of other movies, or simply WERE the stars of other movies? Here's one persons scenerio for Muppet movie ideas.
- I know this presidential election and all the campaigning and name calling is all wearing us a little thin. For some laughs, check out the "time for some campaigning" video. It made things a little lighter (and more musical).
- As I've mentioned before, I am definitely hanging out on Facebook a bit more. If you're also a Facebook junkie, Cracked.com came up with the 10 commandments of Facebook. I think a few of them are a little harsh, but that's only because I'm guilty of them. I guess I'm a Facebook sinner or something.