Peek at My Week - Sep. 30 - Oct. 6
Some days I'm not even sure where the time goes. I'm sure you feel the same. Often, a day gets by me, and I haven't taken a single picture. How does that even happen in this day and age? I did my best this week, and here's a little summary of it.
I honestly am not even sure what I did last Sunday other than share the items I made for the Art Elements Fairy Reveal. It seems that fairies inspire me greatly as I adore the two pieces (pictured above and below) I made for the challenge. I have a feeling that the rest of the day was spent helping Pat work on the deck, though I can't be sure.
The fairy challenge left me so inspired that on Monday I gathered some interesting elements together on my desk for a bit of play.
That's lace, eco-dyed fabric, embroidery floss, a mother of pearl button, and tin. What do you think became of it? I shared the result in my Instagram story and may share it elsewhere later. We'll see - I'm still fiddling with the design idea.
Tuesday was a super-exciting day as my new washing machine was delivered! (Ha!)
Seriously though - I'm absolutely thankful that I didn't have to make another trip to the laundromat.
Wednesday was even less exciting as I endured a bit of dental work.
Can you tell how thrilled I was? I did get to spend the afternoon shopping with the nieces for shoes for their Homecoming dance. That made up for it a little.
On Thursday, I had an unexpected visitor to the craft room.
That little squirrel (he was a baby!) stayed outside the window for a long while. We're still not sure exactly what he was doing. But, it was neat to watch him while he was there.
Most of that day was actually spent working on a few Fall/Halloween-inspired projects that I hope to reveal very soon! Here's a teaser for now.
On Friday, I continued to work on the above projects but also took care of errands and other less-fun tasks. While walking Zoe, I spied several of these velvet-like mushrooms in the yard.
And, the evening was pretty lazy, at least for most of us.
Then there was Saturday - full of football and Homecoming Dance prep.
Both of the nieces went to the dance with their best friends. I thought that was pretty sweet,
and so stinkin' cute!
How about some cute and inspiring links too?
- The Scrap Shop Blog shared a quick and easy method for making a Halloween Bangle using a tape roll, fabric, and scrapbook elements.
- At Brit + Co, you can learn to make a Woven Necklace using a DIY loom. Think how easy that would translate into a larger, wall weaving if you wanted!
- I've had this next link saved for MONTHS and finally broke it out now that October is upon us. I really love this Paper Mache Vintage DIY Trick or Treat Basket from Rebekah Meier Designs.
- The Beading Gem has had a wealth of eye-candy lately. Here are just a few of the ones I've really dug this week.
- First is the Handcarved and Painted Leather Jewelry from SilverClock Costumes. Those pieces are just dreamy!
- The intricacy of the Wirework Jewelry from Cleopatra Kerckhof is absolutely mesmerizing.
- And, how about a few beaded and wire Halloween Jewelry Tutorials?!
- Rae Messigman shares the 10 Art Supplies She Can't Live Without on Artists Network.
- On Art Elements, there's a great tutorial for making Trapeze Dangle Earrings from Marsha Neal.
- It's not too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts (allegedly). I think these DIY Leather Bracelets for Guys could totally be great handmade gifts.
It's time to get to creating a great week. Here's hoping yours is full of inspiration and beauty!