Peek at my Week: Oct. 14-20
It's Sunday and another week begins with me sharing a peek at my previous week along with some inspiring links.
On Sunday we worked around the house. Pat continued to rebuild the deck while I stayed inside and began to work on re-organizing our large laundry/storage space.
I stayed inside almost all day, despite how beautiful it was. Can you believe that?
Therefore, I made a point of going outside and walking the property a little on Monday.
While ragweed is one of my major allergens, I couldn't help but stop to watch the bees pollinate them. It makes me happy to see busy bees.
Back inside, I focused in on my last two pairs of earrings for the Plaid Inspiration Challenge.
At the top of the photo is my gesso-ed piece of tin before I used the pictured stencil to create the painted plaid. On the bottom, you see my unbleached cotton and embroidery floss ready to begin my attempt at weaving.
I ran by Southern Antiques and Accents on Tuesday to spruce up a little before Ladies Night.
My sprucing must have worked because I've sold several items from the booth since then!
On Thursday, I busted butt trying to finish up my plaid designs.
My second attempt at embroidered weaving worked out somewhat.
Once that was done, I started focusing on the Honey Do List Challenge at SJ Designs Jewelry.
The inspiration image this month involves a clock, so I dipped into my watch parts. Come back tomorrow to see what I came up with!
Friday afternoon was crazy-busy, so I'm glad I pulled over to soak in the beauty of the cotton that's about to be harvested.
I'm completely fascinated by the stuff.
My day culminated in a high school football game.
It was senior night, and my oldest niece was being recognized for her final year in the marching band. I'm so proud of her.
On Saturday, my mom's work had their Family Day at a local amusement park.
Pat and I had never been to OWA, so we went to check it out and enjoy the beautiful day.
After lunch, we headed to a friend's to watch the Bama vs. Tennessee football game.
During the game, I was relieved to find out that the ATC (Artist Trading Card, pictured above) I had sent the week before had finally been received by the recipient. I'd been worried about it all week since it should have been there Monday! What a relief to know it was received and to have Bama win the game!
As for some inspiration for you, here you go!
- These Spooky String Lights made from toilet paper rolls are such a simple way to dress up a string of lights for Halloween.
- Enter a Bead GIVEAWAY at Wonder and Whimsy before Oct. 26.
- This tutorial for DIY Earrings out of Aluminum Cans has a lot of great tips, information, and ideas that go beyond making the earrings.
- Rosy Revolver shares a fantastic tutorial on making a Basic Bezel.
- The art shared at Colossal is always such eye-candy. This week, I particularly loved:
- Lisa Yang shared a Simple and Fast Method of Perfect Bead and Pearl Knotting.
- The Pumpkin Spice Earring tutorial at Spoilt Rotten Beads is quite a bit different than the literal ones I made, but still so perfect for the season.
- Find 10 Ways to Make Felt Flowers. I had no idea there were so many options.
- Look at What a Little Bag of Wool Balls Can Make! (It's a fab, colorful jewelry set!)
- Cross Stitch a Quote on Canvas with these great tips.
- Just go see the Spirit of the Forest Wreath that A Crafty Mix made. It's awe-inspiring!!
And, with that, I'm off to work on making this week start off in a fantastic fashion. (It is my birthday week after all ;) )
Wishing you a wonderful week as well!!