A few weeks ago, Lorelei Eurto offreed up to us beaders a new Michael's challenge. She picked out some beads at Michael's Arts and Crafts Store and encouraged us to get the same or similar beads and see what we could make from them. We could add two other bead types, a focal, and/or a clasp if we wanted.
I really struggled with this challenge for some reason. I liked all the colors and the unique bead shapes, but had a hard time getting the blue to cooperate with the other colors. I actually kept envisioning mossy-covered structures because of the green beads, but couldn't make that vision translate. (Though I did try dying the ceramic beads with some green alcohol inks.) I finally went through my bead cabinet looking for something, anything that would coordinate with all the beads and bring the colors together. I settled on some tiny violet beads and a plan began to form.
I want to thank Lorelei for offering up another fun and indeed challenging opportunity. I always enjoy a chance to work with beads that I might not have picked for myself and see what I can design. This was perfect. Don't forget to head over to Lorelei's blog to see what the other participants also created with the ingredients.