*Updated May 20
It's May, y'all. How? I made the little photo for this post and seriously made it for March. It wasn't until I wrote the title in up there that it hit me, IT'S MAY!! Dang. I'm actually getting some things made outside of the challenges, but some of my best work last month was the result of challenges. So, let me share what lies ahead for May. Note that some of the reveals are coming up soon!
- I have to go ahead and re-mention that #The100DayProject is underway. It's never too late to hop on board or make today Day 1 of your project!
- Tomorrow is the last day to get your piece(s) in for the Art Bead Scene Art Journey #3 - Improvisational Quilting of Gee's Bend. I hate to admit that I didn't get anything made (yet?) for this prompt. I was so hoping to do so since Gee's Bend is only three hours north of me in my own state. We'll see how today goes...
- The theme for May's We're All Ears Challenge at Earrings Everyday is May Day. Erin encourages you to interpret that any way you wish. The reveal is May 15th.
- Sarajo's Inspiration for the Honey Do List Challenge from her husband, Eric, is a real doozy. I think I just came up with something though. She's set the reveal for May 18th.
- I hope my excitement about the May Art Elements Theme of Butterflies doesn't stymie me from getting anything made. Make sure you go check out their blog post as things have changed. It will no longer be a blog hop, but rather submission-based in their new Facebook Group. You can submit your creations anytime during the month. And, any medium is fine!
- *Added May 20th: Art Bead Scene has announced Art Journey #4: Alphonse Mucha's Precious Stones. Head to their blog to learn about the challenge. Your contribution(s) must contain an art bead and be submitted by June 19th.
And, that's all I know of right now. As always, I'd love to include more on this list. Let me know if there are any other challenges, inspirations, or blog hops that you're following.
Even though I'm not forcing myself to play in challenges, I've got some butterfly ides. So, we'll see. And yes, it's May, can you believe it?ReplyDelete