I'm doing my best to regain some sense of normality or come to an understanding of my new normal, or something along those lines. In any case, this week felt like a week of getting back on track and catching up. Sunday was my first full day at home in weeks, so I relished in it. But, on Monday, I indulged in some thrifting and antiquing and picked up a few new tins, but that was it. It was good for my soul to do something just for me.
I spotted this book at one of the shops and it tickled me to no end for some odd reason. I didn't bring it home, instead, I left it there for someone else to prize.
Things started to feel more back on track on Tuesday as I went grocery shopping and even listed something new in the Etsy shop.
On Wednesday, I helped my mom out at her house and canceled my grandmother's appointments and insurance. That was weird and so final. On Thursday, I was ready to get down to business and my desk totally reflected that from the get-go.
I worked in my bead box that day and the next but was ready to mix in some art journaling by Friday evening. (Of course, I also finally got some serious house-cleaning knocked out too!)
A little liquid therapy is what I was really aching for, but it's far too cold to get in the water. So, drinks and lunch at The Gulf were in order.
Before hitting the restaurant, we made a detour to my favorite bead shop. They were having a busy day, so we didn't stay long, but I was able to pick up a few essentials.
After lunch, we hit Pirates Cove for some bushwhackers on the way home.
I can't wait for it to warm up enough to take a dip.
I'm feeling more like myself now! But, I didn't find a whole lot of inspiration for the week except for these few. Maybe we'll get luckier next week.
- The Beading Gem shared this tutorial for creating a Unisex Wire Coil and Bead Bracelet.
- Natural wood beads have been all the rage lately. Here's a roundup of 10 DIY Natural Wood Bead Necklaces.
- ArtBeads shared an interesting tutorial for a necklace they call Heron's Landing.
- Paper chains have been a crafting staple forever, but I've never seen them used to such a classy-looking rainbow wall hanging.
- Lastly, a tutorial on making a Knotted Pearl Necklace.
I hope your week was wonderful and that the week ahead is full of much joy and creativity!!