I spent the week trying to knock quite a few tasks off my list before we take another bit of staycation. Of course, I enjoyed the weekend too. Most of Sunday was spent outside.
I chased butterflies,
discovered flowering vines,
and spied a walking stick on the fence.
Of course, that isn't to say that I didn't get more work done on the pop-up camper.
More of the mildew stains had to be tackled before I'm willing to sleep there!
In an attempt to clean out the pantry, I used the last bits of cereal and cheese-its to make a chex-mix of sorts.
Then I set to clothes-mending.
I'd let the pile of clothes that needed repairing pile up a little too much. Some of the tasks were way simple, and I'm a little embarrassed that it took me so long to get to them. It's such a relief to have that pile tackled.
And, with that done, I felt like a fun Girls' Night Out paint party was the perfect reward.
In preparation of some other tasks and some serious cleaning up of the property, we've rented a large dumpster. See - we're going to have LOADS of fun on this vacation.
We did kickoff the vacation with the return of college football (see what I did there?) Above is my lucky beer in my hand while I watched my Crimson Tide win.
That finished the week for me, but it's not an end of all I need to get done. Of course, if I didn't have a list of things to do I wouldn't be living life to its fullest. My list is long, my life is full!
Here are a few links to inspire you in the week ahead.
- The Beading Gem shared 10 inspiring Jewelry Designers. Man, they are seriously creative!
- Von Pappe II made a really cool bangle from a material called Bubbalux. I've never heard of it before, but it looks so versatile!
- Roben Marie shared how to stay focused when you have too many creative ideas. I totally know that feeling. I never know where to start and tend to become immobilized.
- Though school has started, it'll be a while before it really feels like Fall around here. And, while I'm no fan of all the Pumpkin Spice, I do like to decorate with pumpkins. I've already discovered a few new ideas. First, a pumpkin made from vintage teacups. Secondly, these simple fabric pumpkins are just darling.
- I've shared another of my Index Card a Day process videos on YouTube. This is ICAD 38.
- Using Ice Resin products, here's a banded leather bracelet tutorial.
- Ohmygoodness, this Sweet Woodland Acorn Necklace from Flamingo Toes is just too adorable!!
- Also adorable and from Flamingo Toes is this Retro Embroidery Hoop Art. Gracious!
Well, I guess it's probably time to get to that list!
Have a fantastic week.