Peek at My Week: August 19 - 25
I actually feel like I accomplished quite a bit this past week. Sunday, in particular, was quite full.
We started the morning with some monkey muffins. I used canned biscuit dough to makes these, the kind with all the layers. This was before I added the condensed milk. Look at those layers of yum!
With some energy (and sugar) in my system, I finished up a necklace that incorporated a couple of salvaged jewelry pieces.
Rosalina, the oldest kitty in the house, made sure to get some head-lovins.
I finished a little art journaling to commemorate several special lives that were lost during the week.
And, I dipped into my rainbow bead box to create a mish-mash necklace.
Our puppy turned two this week. Happy Birthday, Zoe!!
I took several moments throughout the week to soak in nature and respect its beauty.
I mean, look how cute that little green lizard is.
Besides the monkey muffins, I made several other yummy meals.
This one I made up as I was absolutely craving quinoa. It's kinda a taco bowl with fresh corn, black beans, chicken, spinach, and feta cheese. It was exactly what I was craving.
And, I can't resist a yummy breakfast parfait of yogurt, berries, and homemade granola.
The big project, though, has been getting our pop-up camper clean for an upcoming camping trip. We've let it sit for several years unopened and apparently had a mildew issue developing. I tried several products but finally found one that worked to get the ick out. You can see the before and after pictures above. What a relief that we won't be sleeping with all the mildew in there!
Like I said, I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished. I hope your week ahead is full of productivity. Here's a little inspiration to get you in the spirit.
- I am absolutely smitten with these Junk Style Birdhouses from Little Vintage Cottage. She began with a basic craft-store birdhouse and transformed it with rusty junk.
- It may be a tad too early to start thinking about Halloween but just look at this Gargoyle Necklace tutorial at ArtBeads. It's so fab! And, it kinda reminds me of the door knockers in Labyrinth.
- I posted two more of my Index Card a Day (ICAD) process videos. You can now watch ICAD #31 and ICAD #34 on my YouTube Channel.
- Make and Fable has a tutorial for Wire Wrapping a Stone. I've never done this type of netted wrapping, but she makes it look easy enough.
- Check out the amazing Paper Jewelry by Ten Artists at All Things Paper. It will really have you looking at paper a little differently.
Have a fantastic week!