I've gone back and forth about what to post for the new year. I've considered a meme that's been going around or a run-down of this past year, but I just wasn't feeling any of those options.
I AM hoping to spend New Year's Day doing some of the tings I love. And, if not that. . .then maybe I'll get my craft room clean. Last year I tried to focus on a word for the year. I think that ended up being too vague for me. I need definite tasks on which to work. Since I'm not big on resolutions, I'm calling these my goals for the year. It's got a long list, but I think sharing them is a good way to at least attempt to stick to them. So. . .let me share them with you now.
- Exercise (basically, just be more active)
- Eat right/better (make better choices in regards to food)
- Read more books/watch less TV (I'd like to read at least two books a month, however that all depends on the length of the book)
- Make a real effort to keep the house clean
- Discover new music (I've been stuck in a real rut with music lately and have been listening to the same bands for years with no real additions to my playlists)
- Grow some plants inside and out (I'd like to have some more greenery in the house but I'm really awful at keeping them alive. I'd also like to make another stab at growing some fruits, vegetables, and herbs. I'm going to need a lot of luck with this one.)
- Make my visions of my dream house and this house co-exist (basically, start decorating this house the way I envision my dream house being decorated.)
- Declutter/organize at least one drawer/cabinet/area a week
- Have a yard sale (possibly organize a neighborhood one)
- Take better care of my face and skin
- Go to the doctor/dentist (I've been really bad about this the last few years)
- Make a real effort with my blog (I know what this means and it's just too hard to explain other than to just make an effort)
- Include more tutorials on the blog
- Keep the craft room more organized
- Discover my passion (I've been struggling for a while to figure out what it is that I'm good at and enjoy doing and how to combine those. I really want to work with a few new mediums and try to find my voice in the cacophony of other artists.)
- Get published (if not published then at least submit to a few publications)
- Create something everyday
- Explore other venue options for selling my jewelry (in the community)
- Find a way to use what I have instead of buying more. I need less more in my life!
- Figure out where my time is wasted and put an end to it
- Find some confidence and exert it
- Think outside of the box
I apologize for my lack of pictures, but I'm still working without my own computer. Hopefully I can figure something out soon.
What are your goals for the new year?