I've gone back and forth about what to post for the new year. I've considered a meme that's been going around or a run-down of this past year, but I just wasn't feeling any of those options.
I AM hoping to spend New Year's Day doing some of the tings I love. And, if not that. . .then maybe I'll get my craft room clean. Last year I tried to focus on a word for the year. I think that ended up being too vague for me. I need definite tasks on which to work. Since I'm not big on resolutions, I'm calling these my goals for the year. It's got a long list, but I think sharing them is a good way to at least attempt to stick to them. So. . .let me share them with you now.
- Exercise (basically, just be more active)
- Eat right/better (make better choices in regards to food)
- Read more books/watch less TV (I'd like to read at least two books a month, however that all depends on the length of the book)
- Make a real effort to keep the house clean
- Discover new music (I've been stuck in a real rut with music lately and have been listening to the same bands for years with no real additions to my playlists)
- Grow some plants inside and out (I'd like to have some more greenery in the house but I'm really awful at keeping them alive. I'd also like to make another stab at growing some fruits, vegetables, and herbs. I'm going to need a lot of luck with this one.)
- Make my visions of my dream house and this house co-exist (basically, start decorating this house the way I envision my dream house being decorated.)
- Declutter/organize at least one drawer/cabinet/area a week
- Have a yard sale (possibly organize a neighborhood one)
- Take better care of my face and skin
- Go to the doctor/dentist (I've been really bad about this the last few years)
- Make a real effort with my blog (I know what this means and it's just too hard to explain other than to just make an effort)
- Include more tutorials on the blog
- Keep the craft room more organized
- Discover my passion (I've been struggling for a while to figure out what it is that I'm good at and enjoy doing and how to combine those. I really want to work with a few new mediums and try to find my voice in the cacophony of other artists.)
- Get published (if not published then at least submit to a few publications)
- Create something everyday
- Explore other venue options for selling my jewelry (in the community)
- Find a way to use what I have instead of buying more. I need less more in my life!
- Figure out where my time is wasted and put an end to it
- Find some confidence and exert it
- Think outside of the box
I apologize for my lack of pictures, but I'm still working without my own computer. Hopefully I can figure something out soon.
What are your goals for the new year?
Great list Hope. I'm pretty sure I could write a long list like yours...some of mine would be the same. I hope you achieve them...I think writing them down is a good beginning! I'm thinking of printing my list, too and making sure I cross one or more off the list on a regular basis. Hope the computer issue is fixed soon.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year! I see a lot of my own goals in your lists! All the best to you in 2012!!ReplyDelete
Hope, Those sound like some really good goals and ones that will keep you busy all year round. I have not really thought about any goals for this year. I like to take each day as it comes and make the best of what it has to offer. As far as jewelry making I want to get more involved in challenges and expand out of my comfort zone more.ReplyDelete
I will give the goal thought alittle more attention and see what I come up with.
What a great breakdown and list of goals. I will work on something similar later today. You have inspired me.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year!
Het- I'm so glad I gave out some inspiration! Making lists and setting goals is an obsession with me. You should know that by now. I hope you share it on your blog as well! I HAD to share mine because it makes me feel more accountable. Best of luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!ReplyDelete
I could have copied the majority of your list! Funny, how we are all more the same than different with what we are yearning for...my biggest goals (aside from exercise) are to list on Etsy at least once a week and to take clay classes...and to be a bit more dedicated to my blog.
Hope we all have a very productive 2012!!! Happy New Year Hope!!!
Your list of goals is inspiring, Hope. I make goals instead of resolutions also. Some your goals are on my list as well. I happy to have gotten to know you this year through the button challenge. I hope your new year is happy and wonderful.ReplyDelete
Great list of goals for the year! Happy New Year to you :)ReplyDelete
Happy New Year to you!ReplyDelete
What a great list of goals! I love that you focused on different aspects of your life. Checking these off will definitely give you a sense of accomplishment.ReplyDelete