Each month, I like to do a quick roundup of some of the challenges and inspirations I've found for that month. It helps me keep it all in one place, and allows me to share these with you in hopes that you will join me in some of them!
- I would be remiss if I didn't mention my own challenge that began this week. I'm calling it #CraftyHopePrompts. The basic idea is that I am building a prompt deck for mixed media art by altering a playing card each week. Each Monday, I'll share the prompts I draw and the card I made. Then, on each Saturday, I'll share another project I create using those prompts. You can watch my Week 1 Mixed Media Prompt Card on YouTube to get a better idea of the challenge. And, please use the hashtag if you play along! You can either use my prompts or draw your own. (I have a complete list of prompts in the description area of the video linked above.)
- Sarajo of SJ Designs Jewelry is back with the October Honey Do List Inspiration. This is a jewelry-making challenge that comes from her husband, Eric. He shares a photo inspiration to prompt some jewelry designs. The reveal date is October 24 (MY BIRTHDAY!!) and the linky tool will be open for several weeks after that if you're running behind.
- Halcraft Collection has revealed their Pretty Palette for October. Again, this is a jewelry challenge. You'll find all the information in their post. I do encourage you to explore their past palettes too as they have some beautifully inspiring designs and tutorials.
- The Pirate Pretties Jewelry Challenge reveal is on the 15th of each month. This is a birthstone challenge. This month, the challenge colors are Pink Tourmaline or Opal. In addition, the other prompts are to use rose gold or silver metal, create a necklace, and (optionally) use chain or links. You can learn more about this challenge from Angela's video on YouTube. And, you can check out her Facebook Page. The reveal can be a video and/or a picture on the Facebook page.
- The #4Core challenge from Ina Solsbery was announced in her video. This is a mixed media art challenge that can be entered by emailing a picture to Ina. You can also share a video of your own contribution. For October, we are to use the theme of Aware, Beware, Danger. In addition, include something crackled, ripped, broken, or damaged; a crescent shape; and at least one spider (eek!)