Peek at My Weeks (Oct. 24-Nov. 6)

 How fun is this two-week peek? It begins with my birthday!

My main request for my day was that I didn't have to cook. So, Pat ran out for breakfast and picked up my choice of doughnuts!

Secondly, I wanted to go to the beach. It was an overcast and dreary day (which fit my mood), but we headed to The Gulf for lunch and drinks. 

I enjoyed a mojito with my meal of filet mignon and crabcakes while looking out over the Gulf of Mexico. It was all SO GOOD!

Usually, I spend my birthday out shopping, but I saved that for Monday. This meant to Tuesday was consumed with catching up on chores and errands. I did stop long enough to take a gander at this little guy. 

Wednesday was spent busting out a few more overdue tasks like taking pictures of products and for videos. I was relieved to get that done. I even began tackling the last jewelry project in my Bead Box. Hopefully, I'll have that reveal for you in the next several weeks. 

As I sat out on the porch on Thursday morning, I enjoyed my visit from a furry neighbor.

I took care of a few tasks before heading out for a little shopping, a visit with my mom, and a meeting. It was a busier day than I even remembered. 

After getting the house cleaned, I puttered around the craft room and spotted this tiny moth in the window. (No worries, he was escorted outside later.)

I also eked in a little gelli-printing fun.

I spent a huge chunk of Saturday working on some of the steps for the Magpie's Nest Workshop from Aimee Bishop
And, I did clean all that up before a couple of friends came over to watch football. Then, I pulled it all out again Sunday morning!

Sunday afternoon was spent with my mom and a visiting cousin. Then, I handed out candy for Halloween at my mom's house. 

Most of Monday was consumed with announcing the winner of my giveaway and getting the new Variety Paper Packs in the CraftyHope Etsy Shop. 

After all that excitement, I let myself walk around the property a little. The bees on the loquat trees always soothe me. 

I got my errands and chores managed on Tuesday but felt a little lost creatively. My copy of The Artist's Way came in (a birthday gift card purchase for myself), and I spent some time reading it. It seemed to help!

Though, I'm not exactly sure what happened to Wednesday. I took care of a few things but didn't accomplish much. 

On Thursday. I spent almost the entirety of the day thrifting. There were three estate sales and a thrift store involved. And, I racked up!

I would have loved to have spent more time at the last sale. It was the home of a local artist. But, there were so many people there and so many inspiring pieces that I became overwhelmed. I did get a few tools and some wire, though. 

After all that inspiration, I was able to focus a little more on Friday. I finished a few pieces that I'm donating for a silent auction fundraiser for a friend's friend. 

And, after some housecleaning on Saturday (it HAD to be done) and an inspiring video from Tiffany of Southern Gals Designs, I began folding folios for a new junk journal. 

A friend came over for the Alabama football game in the evening. It was INTENSE, but we won!! And, I got a little silly with my glasses and Zoe's tail. 

And that was my last two weeks. Today will start my real journey with The Artist's Way. So, we'll see how that goes. 

Here's some of the inspiration I've found and shared.

How's life treating you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

Winding down the 100DayProject

I awoke the other day with many thoughts about the 100 Day project and decided to jot them down here to share with you. Some of the bits I g...