As you may have noticed, I don't share a whole lot of 'personal' information. I saw this Self Interview from Alabama Women Bloggers and thought it might be a good way to give you another peek at me.
1. What part of the state do you call home? I'm way down in the South of the state, in Fairhope. It's East of Mobile on the other side of Mobile Bay.
2. How long have you been blogging? I've been blogging since 2007. . .so almost seven years now. Wow!
3. Why did you start blogging? I had recently discovered blogs and wanted a way to share my interest in crafting as well as have a bit of an online journal. I also wanted to share some of the cool things I discovered while I was playing around online. It's been so long now that I THINK that was my reasoning. Actually, here's a snippet from my first blog post:
". . .while I do expect to spend some time here talking about crafting, I plan
on also posting about much more: thrift finds, interesting links,
inspiring pictures and quotes, frugal goodness, yummy recipes, and basic
day-to-day life. This list may change at any time, because I can be
crazy like that if I want to . . . it's my blog dangit!!"
That actually sounds almost exactly like what I'm still doing!
4. What do you love most about blogging? I really enjoy finding other blogs, sharing inspiration with others, and the general online community that bloggers have (no matter what their niche).
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I have a hard time envisioning the future and tend to be a live-in-the-moment kind of gal. So, for me. . .in 5 years. . . I'll be doing much as I am now but maybe with some more success. At least I hope so. Why is this question so hard for me?
6. What is your favorite movie? Another tough one. I'm quite the lover of movies and my interests vary. Some of my favorites are the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter series, Empire Records, and Dead Poets Society.
7. If you could use any actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why? I've always loved Drew Barrymore. I just love her happy, bubbly persona. In high school, I was often told I looked like 'Blossom' so Mayim Bialik is also a contender. I do love that she has a degree in neuroscience, the brain is an awesome organ! As well, (and though I don't see it) I've had a lot of people tell me I look like Renee Zellweger. So, there's that.
8. Name the top 5 things on your bucket list. ~Travel lots and lots (specifically visit Paris, Ireland, and Bora Bora; though anywhere else is fine too) ~learn to sew ~live more sustainably (grow a garden, use solar panels or other alternative energy, recycle more, etc.) ~Define my artistic style/passion and make a living from it ~Live in my dream home (though the vision of that changes OFTEN)
9. Who or what inspired you to blog? Other blogs. While I can't specifically remember ALL the ones I was reading way back then, I know Crafty Chica and Jennifer Perkins of The Naughty Secretary Club were at the top of that list.
10. If you could be known for one thing in your life, what would it be? One thing!!??? Gah, my mind is reeling over that. I can't even. . .Right now it looks like I'll be known for my indecision. It's a tough call between my fun-loving nature, my artistic vision, and my loving-heart.
11. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation? That's easy. The beach. . as long as it's warm, sunny, beautiful, and there's some water I'm exceptionally happy!
12. Describe the best moment in your life. Every.single.day is the best. Each day I get another chance to carry on beside the man that I love, doing what I love to do, and getting to learn from my previous mistakes.
13. We’re headed to your neck of the woods for one day. What is one thing we have to do, and what restaurant we must eat at? Exploring Fairhope's beautiful downtown district and beach is definitely a must (there's not really much else to do in town.) Next month we'll have the Fairhope Arts and Craft Festival and that'll be a lot of fun. As far as eats, you really can't go wrong with most of the local restaurants. One of our favorites right now is Dragonfly Food Bar. Of course, if you're heading down right now it's Mardi Gras Season for just over another week and you can party it up here and in Mobile!!
14. What is a tradition you and your family have? Living on the Gulf Coast, we celebrate Christmas with a big-ole pot of Seafood Gumbo instead of the traditional fare. It's a delicious day!
15. We all love social media, share your links so we can follow you. Most of my links are in the right sidebar, but if you're reading this from a feedreader I'll help you out:
CraftyHope Jewelry Facebook Page
CraftyHope on Twitter
CraftyHope Pinterest Page
CraftyHope on Instagram
CraftyHope on Flickr
Hope on G+
Hope's Etsy Profile
CraftyHope on YouTube
I'm linking up this interview on the Alabama Women Blogger's page. If you're a woman blogger in Alabama, you should consider joining up as well!
As I flipped through some old jewelry magazines to decide if they needed to be kept or donated, I found so much inspiration in many of them ...
Learning to make jewelry is as simple as knowing a few of the tools and how to perform several techniques. From there, a whole world of des...
I want to share the joy and fun of being able to make your own jewelry designs by helping you learn some of the basics of jewelry-making. T...