Crafty Hope (me) was actually CRAFTY this week!!
Now, I don't have any pictures to share. . .yet!
But, on Sunday I finished up some jewelry for a silent auction that's tomorrow. Three distinctly different 'sets'. One is a set of soldered earrings and a pendant necklace; one is a beaded set of earrings, bracelet, and necklace; and the last is a multi-strand chain and seed bead necklace. I'm pretty proud of all three.
In addition (YES - there's MORE!), the function at which these are being auctioned is a dance, with a theme. The theme is Bandstand (ranging from the 50's to the 80's; but we're leaning toward the 50's.) Since we take snacks for the dance, I decided to make some album bowls by melting them. I used both large and small albums for chip/cracker and dip containers. And, they turned out GREAT!
Yesterday was another crafty day for me. I made a brooch for my cardigan (that goes with the poodle skirt my mom made me) out of felt and buttons. It was so simple and is so fun! THEN after dinner with friends, I broke out the glue gun! I had decided that I needed some way to display my jewelry for the auction. So I found some netting, frames, and fabric samples at the thrift store. I glued in the netting, placed the fabric behind it, and slid the frame back into place. The earrings hang fine, I just need to find some small hooks now to get the necklaces and bracelet to hang. They're not the 'prettiest' things in the world - but I think they'll work!!
It's strange how much more like me I feel when I actually get to fit in some time to be creative!! Now to get through this dance and onto Sunday when I can RELAX!! Whew!
- What love means to a kid. Some of these are REALLY moving. I can't imagine what my answer would have been at some of their ages.
- Check out this papercraft castle. Seriously, it's a castle, made of PAPER!!
- What happens when a 71 year old ex-boxer defends his life, his wife, and his home. See for yourself. I love these stories of the unexpected victor - the David and Goliath-esqe tales.
- 10 ways to look good in photos. You KNOW how good that can make you feel!
- This is from May 2008, but how come it's the first time I've heard of this? In any case it's good news, a way to decompose plastic bags.
***That picture up there was taken a few weeks ago at the beach. Those are just the bottoms of someone's shoes. LOML and I call this picture "The Beach of Lost Soles" :)
We think it's funny!!