It's time again for me to share some of the challenges and inspirations that will help me create over the course of the month. I hope you'll join me in a few of these!
- I would be remiss if I didn't mention my own challenge #CraftyHopePrompts. This is a weekly mixed media challenge in which each Monday, I pull three prompts and create a prompt card from an old playing card. Then, each Saturday, I make another project with those same prompts. The videos explain how you can play along, but I welcome any questions you have about this project.
- The reveal that's coming up the next soonest is the monthly Pirate Pretties Jewelry Challenge from Angela. The reveal date is the 15th. This year, the theme of the challenge is "Double Color." You can learn more about the challenge in Angela's video. This month, the two colors are Peach and Pearl White. We are to make a bracelet using copper or silver and the optional fun element of filigree. You can upload a video with the hashtag #PiratePrettiesJewelryChallenge and/or share your make in the Pirate Pretties Facebook Group.
- The Honey Do List is another jewelry-making challenge. It comes from Sarajo and Eric of SJ Designs Jewelry. Each month, Eric gives Sarajo a photo that he's taken. The photo is to be used as inspiration for one or more jewelry designs. Sarajo shares this photo on her blog so we can all be inspired too. The reveal date this month is May 29th.
- My friend, Nina Ficket, has a Clean Slate journal series in which you simply work in a junk journal sometime during the month and film it. With all the other prompts and inspirations, this is a bit of a palette cleanser for me and often just what I need.
- Lastly, I'm not promising anything, but Index Card a Day (ICAD) often begins on June 1st. This is a 61-day challenge from Tammy of Daisy Yellow that usually has daily prompts and weekly themes (all optional). If you're curious you can watch my ICAD creations from last year in my ICAD 2022 playlist on YouTube. Or, just do a search for ICAD. Or, ask me any questions you may have. Though, this ICAD page on the Daisy Yellow blog probably answers most your questions. This is a fun daily challenge. And, it will probably start the same day the 100-Day project ends. How about that!?
That's all I've got right now. And, that's probably plenty!
But, definitely let me know if you've got any fun inspiration to share.
I know I could always use as much as I can get.