Also, I must admit that this is a take on Pioneer Woman's Monkey Muffins with my own little flair.
The ingredients are simple enough:
This combination forms an amazing "crust" of caramelized sugar on the bottom of the muffins. Just wait and see!
The complete instructions are below
King Cake Monkey Muffins
Can of biscuit dough
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Colored Sprinkles (in Green, Yellow (gold), and Purple)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix 1/4 C sugar and 1 teas. cinnamon in a shallow bowl
3. Place a small sliver of butter into each muffin cup. Top with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon.
4. Cut dough into small portions (a large, raw biscuit works well cut into fourths). Roll each portion into a ball. Roll dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mix.
5. Place 3-4 balls into each muffin cup. Top with a sliver of butter and a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over each muffin.
8. Sprinkle a little of each color sprinkle on each muffin.
I'm linking this post up at Show and Share on Coastal Charm, Saturday Sparks Link Party at Pieced Pastimes, and Sweet Inspiration Link Party at A Crafty Mix.