You may remember some of the Altered Playing Cards I've made in the past for August, for April, and for several other months as part of swaps. Well, I've continued to make and swap the cards and even recorded my process for most of them. So now, I'm desperately trying to edit and upload the videos to share. I'm way behind and the delay in upload time doesn't help any. In any case, I finally finished getting October's Motivational Altered Playing Cards videos online. Here's the first of the videos with an explanation and the first card.
You can find the second video with cards 2-4 and the third one with cards 5 & 6 on YouTube.
If you don't have that kind of time, here are the cards I created for my partner. The quality of the pictures isn't great because I forgot to take actual pictures of them. Instead, I took screen shots of the videos. Sorry. Again, this has all been a great way for me to learn some patience.
Here's the first card. The flower took so long to assemble, but the background was just scrapbook paper and the words a sticker.
Card number two focused on a butterfly stamped onto some old book text. The words were formed with letter stickers.
This third card was way less complicated than it looks. Vintage paper, rose image from a book, text stickers, and some doodling brought it all together.
This fourth card is definitely my least favorite of the bunch. The napkin background just muddied the whole thing. I tried to lighten it up with the white doodles around the outside, but I don't think that helped much. The words were printed on copy paper and colored with instant coffee. Because of that, the card smells amazing. What? I love coffee!
This is another card that could have been so much better if I had just left well enough alone. I really liked the gelli print I used initially, but I just kept adding over the top of it until you couldn't even see it anymore. What a disaster! I do like the banner and 'create' that ended up on there, but the background could have been better.
For the last one of the bunch, I tried to keep it simple rather than the muddled mess the previous two had become. It's some painted paper with a painted stencil and spray ink. The words are a sticker, the hand is a rub-on, and the hearts are hand-carved stamps. Easy!
I really loved the first three I made in this set, but the last three had me trying to do too much and really just about ruining the cards. I'm working on learning when to stop in my mixed media process. These are a great example of why I need to learn it. I do hope my partner liked the cards in the end though.
I am working on uploading, editing, and voicing the cards for November. Keep your eye out!
Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about these cards. I'll do my best to answer them!