I've been REALLY lousy at the blogging game (as I'm sure you can tell) and I've got all kinds of excuses, but those can just be rolled into this bullet-ed post (in no particular order, just as it comes to me.)
- First, formost, and most importantly; Pat and I decided at the beginning of April to jump headfirst into the real estate market. We've put our home on the market and are now looking for another place. We want something a bit bigger (not too much), with some land (at least 2 acres), and hopefully a pool (or some kind of waterfront.) With all of that comes the FRANTIC house cleaning, organizing, packing, and staging of the house for sale.
- It's simply a busy time of the year for me- the end of April-beginning of May consists of BOTH nieces' birthdays, Pat's birthday, AND Mother's Day. I have no complaints about honoring ANY of the people on this list, it just makes for a hectic time for me.
- It looks as though Spring in the South is OVER and the heat wave has begun. I think Spring lasted all of a week and a half (give or take a day or two.) I know this has nothing to do with what's kept me busy' just a general observation.
- Another observation- Peace signs seem to be HUGE with the elementary school kids. Both nieces (especially the older one) have been WAY into anything with a peace sign. During their birthday parties, I saw a ton of them. It was just odd, that's all I'm saying.
- The iPad came out last month. Pat went ahead and pre-ordered one. We love it so very much. In fact, I now have my own... Which I WON thanks the generous and Funny ladies (yes, with a capital F) over at Southern Fried Snark. Check out their LIVE shows and chat on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm CST! As well, there are blog posts there too to keep you entertained.
- I just got a pair of some of the coolest earrings... For free, kinda. Lori over at lorelei1141.blogspot.com had an "earring swap" of sorts. She made 18 sets of earrings, which she swapped for beads, buttons, and the like. I played along: picked my favorite pair, commented, and sent off a package to her. Now, I've got the kick-ass earrings!! How awesome is that? Of course, it took me almost a week to decide what to send to her. . .I had a good time sorting through my vintage buttons, miscellaneous beads, and some of my own handmade items to find the perfect mix to send out to her.
- I've been an avid 'TrueBlood' viewer since the series started on HBO, but hadn't delved into the books...yet. Almost three weeks ago, I ventured to the book store and bought the first three of the series. I've sped through them, reading about three books a week. As such, I'm just about done with them. . . I'm LOVING them. I'm also loving the whole being fully encompassed by books. Anybody got anymore reading suggestions?
- As most of you know, I live VERY close to the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and also that Pat and I are very much water-babies. This whole oil spill/leak thing has completely affected our mood and the need/want to enjoy our coastal region while we can. We're not dealing with it well, at all.
- With the getting the house on the market, I've gotten quite a few home improvement/home decor projects completed. In fact, I even took pictures to share with you later. . .LATER!
- Even with an amazingly, wonderfully, eerily clean craft room only steps away; my time in there has been limited because of the many abovementioned issues. I was able to complete one necklace which I donated to a silent auction for a good cause. I failed to get a picture as I was rushing to get it done, but I hear there was a bidding war between three ladies to get my creation! That's so nice to hear!
Yay! You have been a busy girl.ReplyDelete